Japanese Navy Aircraft Carrier "Akagi" 1/350 HUGE

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by wm228, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wm228

wm228 New Member

Okay first of all this is a plan i have to see if i have time for this monster i hope i can make time for this lovely ship it's like having a piece of WWII history the carrier consist of 30 pages and 360 pieces mostly large pieces except for the included planes :).
    This will be the largest boat i have ever built and it is in honor of my grandad who fought in WWII and he loves battleships any tips for commincing a large build?;)

Attached Files:

bgt01 and micahrogers like this.
  2. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

I'll be watching this one, :D
    good luck
  3. Longbow

Longbow New Member

Tips :
    Do some background research on your model
    Reserve room
    Take your time for large models

Most important : enjoy yourself :)
  4. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

I respect anyone who take these on, because in reality, it is many many models you are building! :)
  5. wm228

wm228 New Member

Thanks for the nice comments and advice but what kind of paper do you reccomend for the hull?
  6. wm228

wm228 New Member

okay i have decided to build one.I looked at the files and the first page is really simpel so i gave it a shot and it measures 20 cm the ship 6 times the first part in length so 1 meter 20!! hope you enjoy i will try to upload pics and status once 2 days.
    Have a nice day

Attached Files:

7. alanwalton

alanwalton New Member

thats a great model.he has also done yamamoto but thats is only avialible in japan
  8. Vince

Vince Member

Any progress on this build? I have this model in my "to do" list and would love to see pics/tips/advice.
  9. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

DEAD THREAD POST!! P.M. the guy!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.