Japanese brass loco kitbash

Discussion in 'Logging, Mining and Industrial Railroads' started by LarryH, Mar 15, 2004.

1. LarryH

LarryH New Member

20+ years ago there was an article in one of the MR mags about Americanizing a japanese 0-4-0 (i think) to date it to about the early 1900's era. Anyone remember the article or know where i mihgt find it. Thanks
  2. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Larry,
    Welcome to the gauge.
    Sorry can't help on the magazine, as I don't get Model Railroader, only Model Railroading & Narrow Gauge & Shortline Gazette. I am sure someone will have that mag.
  3. George D

George D Member

There's a magazine index on line at: http://www.index.mrmag.com/. I did a quick search of "0-4-0" but didn't see it. Maybe a more thorough search will yield the results you're looking for.
  4. krokodil

krokodil Member

Hi Larry

try to find out in which magazine was it. I have MRs since about 1980, so I can make a copy of the article, if you find it. (Go to the MR WEB page and search for the article - the search engine works great).

5. LarryH

LarryH New Member

Thanks everyone for the replies. The article was in the December, 1974 issue of Railroad Modeler . It was called "Economy Log Hog-Superdetail an FED 2-4-0t" If anyone has this issue and can copy and email, I would appreciate it. Larry
  6. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I'll look at my back issues, but I don't think I have it :( If it's located, by someone, I would like to have a copy to share in our yahoo group.