January Photo Contest: Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
This month's photo contest is prototype. It does not have to be a loco or train, as long as it's rail related. Only one entry per person. Must be your own photo.

Please use the questions thread for this and all contest questions.

You have until the end of January to get out in that lovely weather or dig through you old pics, so let's see 'em!!!

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
The Last U-Boat.

This is the very last of the U series loco that came off of GE's line. This unit came from the P&W to the Naugatuck Railroad here in Connecticut. This shot was taken at the Torrington train station. The crane in the back was rebuilt and lettered for Portland Terminal RR.

Attachments

• lastuboat.jpg
    lastuboat.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 408

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
CHALLENGER COMES TO TOWN.... This was taken at Osawatamee, KS, last summer when the UP's Challenger # 3985 was headed "back up north".

Bob :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3115.JPG
    IMG_3115.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 401

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Nice pics all! Matthew those E8s are gorgeous! Here I am by the tower at the National Railroad Museum in Green Bay.
Ralph

Attachments

• tower.jpg
    tower.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 368

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
My entry? Sunset on the line between Tocumwal and Deniliquin (Southern New South Wales, Australia).

It don't have a loco, or train, cause the line ain't been used for years. :( But it is rail related. :)

Attachments

• DeniliquinSignal.jpg
    DeniliquinSignal.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 347

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Woodie;

I thought you might use a post you made several years ago of a bridge and track that was all out of alignment...maybe near the border between NSW and Vic. I don't recall all the details, but it was a striking picture, none the less.

Cheers

Bob

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Bob Collins said:
Woodie;

I thought you might use a post you made several years ago of a bridge and track that was all out of alignment...maybe near the border between NSW and Vic. I don't recall all the details, but it was a striking picture, none the less.

Cheers

Bob

Bob, do you mean this one? here? Maybe not the actual pic, but it's the bridge, I think.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
My entry is a photo of a painting that my sister did of the Blue Train locomotive that pulled this well known train between the cities of Johannesburg and Capetown in South Africa.

Attachments

• bt.jpg
    bt.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 308

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Woodie;

That's not the one, but don't look anymore. As I recall it was way before the Gauge was reorganized and I no longer remember what section or thread we were using at the time. I appreciate you taking the time to look though. Cheers.

Oh, by the way, the temperature here this morning was 0 F. I know that doesn't impress our Canadian friends, but Woodie lives in a sub tropical area near the border of New South Wales and Queensland, where I'd like to be right now!!!

Bob

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Bob Collins said:
Oh, by the way, the temperature here this morning was 0 F. I know that doesn't impress our Canadian friends, but Woodie lives in a sub tropical area near the border of New South Wales and Queensland, where I'd like to be right now!!!

Bob

Can't feel it down here on the Gulf of Mexico, 78 degrees and sunny :sleeping: :D

Here's my entry; Here's what happens when you don't listen to you mommy and put a rock on the rail. Badger Gap, Missouri, the derailment of a previous car in the train actually caused the rock slide that lead to this. From a friend who was a wreck train supervisor on the old Frisco line in the late 1970s...

Attachments

• rox.jpg
    rox.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 292

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
Conrail frieght blasting out of the east portal of Pattenburg tunnel in New Jersey.

pattenburga.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Working on the RR

Here's a shot of a rail grinding crew working on the BNSF line near Whitmann, Arizona. The tracks run parallel to US60 from about downtown Phoenix to Wickenburg, about 50 miles to the NW.

Attachments

• Rail grinding crew.jpg
    Rail grinding crew.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 274
Status
Not open for further replies.