106.5 KB · Views: 8
  • bc0011_04.JPG
    bc0011_04.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 7

chessie4155

An arial view of the west end of Arthurville:
HPIM1769.jpg

msowsun

I also gave my Milwaukee Road IHC Heavy Pacific a run:thumb: (see pic #2). Folks i am convinced the IHC Premier line of steam engines are the BEST cheap steamers on the market:winki: . dad and i BOTH have IHC Pacific's(he has a black Milwaukee Road), and these engines run GREAT for the money, and are very reliable.-Deano

milwaukee1.JPG

Deano, Your photo of #6139 is a Rivarossi 4-6-2. Here is what an IHC 4-6-2 looks like:
25017.jpg

Mike Sowsun
Oakville, Ontario

UP SD40-2

Mark, THANKS!:smilie: BTW, the shot of Arthurville is SLAP AWESOME!:thumb::thumb:

Josh, AWESOME CNW!:thumb: ...oh, and GREAT JOB on the BNSF too:winki::mrgreen: .

Charlie, THANKS for posting the CNW shot:thumb::mrgreen: , i hope you don't mind if i save it:smilie: . i have posted a pic with your last post in mind:winki::mrgreen: .

msowson, CRIPES, your 100% correct:thumb: , guess i should stop posting so late at night, you'd think I'd remember what brand engines i have:eek:ops::eek:ops::eek:ops: ...well, on the bright side, I'll never make myself look like an idiot again:rolleyes::toug::119: ...well, I'll tell myself that anyway:119: . looking at the IHC, my dads is EXACTLY the same, only black. i have to wonder if the IHC version is supposed to replicate a "light" Pacific?, or is that their version of a Heavy pacific?:confused:

Kevin, i am not sure which one is correct, possibly both, the Milwaukee road had a few different Chippewa engines. darn good question:thumb:

Franco, that 4-4-0 looks FANTASTIC:thumb: , GREAT SHOT!:thumb::thumb:

BTW, i still feel the same about IHC steamers, dads is EVERYTHING i had mentioned in an earlier post:winki::thumb: .

:deano: -Deano
E8E9.JPG

CCT70

Nice shot, I'm sure there's a reason for it, but why is that smoke stack so huge like a funnel shape :eek:.

Nice shots guys! :wave:

Being a wood burne, I believe the stack acts as a large spark arrestor to keep errant sparks out of the surrounding trees and brush.

chessie4155

CCT70: Thank You. Glad you like them.I take it she likes the lil kitty cat!:mrgreen:

The crew on this L&N local has just ran in for their orders and to fill their coffee thermus!
HPIM1780.jpg

MCL_RDG

Yup, I want to model a N-Scale version if...

...I can't buy one. I shot a lot of details but just thought I'd post a couple here. I was looking at all the great pics thinking to myself, "Poop, I never have time for- hey, wait a minute. I just stopped the other day and took some pics when I was tearing uP the countryside with my wife."

I'm glad I could participate.

Mark

P.S. Check out the different journal box covers on the trucks.

Attachments

• Pennsburg2.jpg
    Pennsburg2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 13

UP SD40-2

Mark, GREAT SHOTS!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jeffrey, NICE center depressed flat car:thumb::winki:

MCL_RDG, AWESOME proto shots!!!:thumb::thumb::mrgreen:

DON'T SLOW DOWN, KEEP 'EM COMING FOLKS!:winki::mrgreen:
:deano: -Deano
SD40SN3288.jpg

fff3.JPG

doctorwayne

Here's an old photo that I found in a box of negs and photos from my parents. It's a CNR train, westbound out of Hamilton, Ontario, near the High Level Bridge. I'd guess the date to be late-'40s-early-'50s. The boxcar right behind the loco looks to be a Pennsy X-31a, similar to the car that my friend Deano posted in Post #43 of this thread.
CNR_freight_heading_west_out_of_Hamilton_near_the_High_Level_Bridge_-_circa_1940s-_50s.jpg

Out of the photo, and further to the right along the top of the embankment that the photographer was on, is Dundurn Castle and a park where our school class - grade 1 or 2 - used to come for "field days". While the other kids were playing games, I was watching the trains below, at the west end of the CNR's Stuart Street Yard.

Wayne

jbaakko

Josh, AWESOME CNW!:thumb: ...oh, and GREAT JOB on the BNSF too:winki::mrgreen: .
Go figure you'd comment on the half done, CNW Dash 9 patch job. Got me an Espee Dash 9 coming too, for the same purpose.

Now I just need to finish painting the CNW AC4400...

CNWman

CNW Fan
Great shots guys!:thumb:

Caught some more action on the Riverside:
Picture_0463.JPG

Here, Hustler 1116 is waiting to put the caboose on the freight train in the backround.
Picture_0465.JPG

However, 4242 must reverse in order to let UP #618 through. I honestly have no clue how the 618 got in the middle of this.

Keep 'em comming!