Jamara 1/14 Audi R8 LMS

Kashiwazaki

KASHIWAZAKI SENA FAN!!
After Auldey's 1/16 Civic Type R, which is capable to reach up to 17km/h, comes Jamara's 1/14 Audi R8 LMS, capable of reaching 20km/h.

Still not a big difference in speed, but this time, this Audi features full interiors, which is a handy "add-on". (^^)

sam_0439.jpg

sam_0440.jpg

The fact it is all white colored, without much letters and/or logos around, is also a perfect base for us to apply the stickers we want, finishing up with a completely personal custom!

The only thing is, I need to know if there's any chance of buying sets of tyres apart, and if there are treaded tyres as well, so I can drive it around without losing grip at all, because the initial acceleration is quite strong.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
That's unfortunate. A lot of times when I have purchased objects like this, I do return them, but every once in a while, I just decide to take it apart and see what is wrong. Last time was with one of those coaxial helicopters. No matter what i did, I could not stop the copter from spinning to the right. I took it apart and saw nothing wrong visible to the eye. I turned it on at full throttle, for the heck of it, and had it in front of my old 36" Toshiba CRT TV. The TV acted like a stroboscope, and I could see that the top rotor was spinning at a slower r.p.n, than the top. I then pulled ever so slightly on the positive lead of that motor to the circuit board, and the lead came right out of the solder pad on the circuit board. it was a classic "Cold solder'. Pulled out the soldering Iron, and i took probably 2 seconds to re-solder. The copter flew true and straight from that time till it just plain died from crashing it so much. it was a very inexpensive one. For the $30 dollars I paid for it, I got my money's worth, chasing the cats, and so on. :)

Obviously, if you do that with the car, it would violate the warranty, I just wish these companies would concentrate a little more on quality control. The same issues occurs on $600 and $1600 dollar T.V's, basically, on all types of electronics by all of the manufacturers. It is inconvenient. I wish you better luck with your new one.

Post some picks of it, if the body comes off, it would be nice to see what's underneath, and see the steering mechanism, etc. :)

Kashiwazaki

KASHIWAZAKI SENA FAN!!
Obviously, if you do that with the car, it would violate the warranty, I just wish these companies would concentrate a little more on quality control.
Yes, all I want is to do not touch the car's components at all.

The only occasion I opened it up was to repair the vertical ax (the one which maintains the wheel in place in the below half and holds the suspension in the upper half), but nothing else beyond that.

Post some picks of it, if the body comes off, it would be nice to see what's underneath, and see the steering mechanism, etc. :)
Well, the layout is practically the same as my Auldey 1/16 Civic Type R, to tell the truth...

The only downside one would find in this direction is that the turn is very sudden, so it's a bit harder to put the car following a line in special.

Other than that, it's a great RC car and in the end a big shame it showed a malfunctioning RC radio... (-.-)