Jackson Uniform Update

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
OK, I think I am done with this project, at least for now, so I am sending a few pics to get the crittics agoing. ;) Remember this started out as the DPM Mattress Factory. So lets go-- :D

Attachments

• jackson uniform1.jpg
    jackson uniform1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 175

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Top notch JM,
What a transformation!! Great weathering and that end wall, well that is superb!!
Virtually no glossy figures in the scene either, and oil stains between the rails ... Great! Keep the scraggy moggy ayay from those (Gauge?) boxes :D .

I love it ..... and by the way, that new pollywhatever stuff ... It'll never catch on!!:D :D :D

Errol

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
End Walls

To answer about the end walls. I wanted in the beginning to have stucco walls on the end painted a tan color like one I saw somewhere. The wall didn't look right to me and I didn't want to tear them out, (Val gave me a great tip when I saw her great pictures, but it was tooooo late, ;) ) So, I cliped a portion of the bricks on the computer, I usually scan the building pieces in to do my rearrangement, etc., and then I did the signs for the one end wall on a seperate layer and faded them down, the same as the faded lady end, and printed it out on the computer. I cut them out and gluded with Elmers white glue to cover the ends. The color in real life is about dead on but the camera give them a little redish tint. But this will be a against the back drop building and will blend nicely. Thanks for all the compliments, but my wife said my hat size is getting bigger-----:D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I missed this thread until now. What a great looking building! It has a lot of character! Neat work, especially the weathering and details.
Ralph