J. BROWN coal mine

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Pat, I have looked at many photos of coal mines so have come up with ideas of how mine will look. You are right that anything could be housed in this structure but you will just have to wait ans see how I am going to do this so you will know that the extraction fan will be in it.
Luis, my only hope is that through my scratchbuilng progress steps, I will be able to get others like yourself doing your own projects so we can share ideas and methods.

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Robin, I'm very sorry but I think you misunderstood my post I was not at all criticising your work or how it is constructed. I was trying to find out how and where you research your projects so you know for instance that the building you last posted houses a fan unit? I'm a city boy born and bred so I've never seen the working of alot of the structures that will inhabit railroad layouts. I've gone to google and searched some photos but they don't usually give detailed descriptions of the building/structure.

Pat

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Pat, I am sorry if I misunderstood what you said at the initial post. I was just trying to explain a bit of how I come up with what I do. Whatever , it's water under the bridge so will get on with this structure.
The 20ft diameter pipe is where the air from the depth of the mine gets exhausted into the atmosphere. I made this pipe out of paper with reinforcing rings made of strips of paper

Attachments

• jb10.jpg
    jb10.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 227
C

Catt

I also got email from Robin.For some unexplained reason he is being blocked from posting.I hope Dave can get it fixed quickly.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by Clerk
Just received a E Mail from Robin. He is blocked from posting on the the Gauge and has sent a E Mail to Dave Hagen. He will be back as soon as it is fixed.
Sheesh, if he waits any longer he will be finished with this project and halfway into another.:rolleyes: :D

Don

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
My ISP has been working on the problem so with Dave's excellent help lets see if this post goes through.
The headgear is taking shape.

Attachments

• jb12.jpg
    jb12.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 269

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Yipeeee... Robin is back! :) :) :) :) :)

Robin, it's great to see another posting of you (and there are still many to come, I think... :D)

Boy, I am glad that you could overcome your problem. I was most impressed by the assistance of all our computer gurus at the Gauge. This is exactly what makes the Gauge such a great place in the net.

Now I'm wondering, how far Brown's Coal Mine is advanced already...

Ron

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
YAY!

Yes - a round of applause for Dave!!! Now we can all stop going through withdrawal symptoms every morning and get back to following Robin's progress through another amazing scratchbuild!

Thanks Dave - you've made my day (and a lot of others' too I suspect)!

cheers
Val

Matthyro

Dec 28, 2000
Trying again to see if all is well. Thanks for the welcome back folks. It was a very uncomfortable experience to be just a lurker for a few days.
Further work on the headgear.
Not a good photo but gives you some idea.

Attachments

• jb13.jpg
    jb13.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 240