I've Made Some Cool ebay Scores

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Cannonball, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I just recently got back into this hobby when I found my old O27 Lionel in storage down in my aunt's basement. Since then I've scored a few new things from eBay:

Left and right remote control switches. $19.00 for the pair.

Lionel 80W Transformer. $49.99 B.I.N.

One of the coolest cars I've ever seen. (Especially for $10.00) :D
  2. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Great for you.

Its fun to get trains in the mail, that is for sure.
  3. tracman165

tracman165 New Member

Hey Cannonball, right along with you, there are some pretty good buys on
    Ebay, but watch out for those shipping charges. Me I live in the country, and
    the nearest hobby shop is bout 100 miles away, so I do most shopping for
    things I need online.
  4. Cannonball

I hate shipping charges but I can't really find anything very interesting without going down to Kansas City. (And that is a scarey place) Shipping has gone up as well. Gotta pay for the gas prices somehow. :(
  5. tracman165

tracman165 New Member

I'm new to this, so please bear with me. I know what you mean about
    shipping charges. I'm a retired Letter Carrier so I know a little about
    postage. So before I bid, I check the postage to make sure I'm not paying
    more than what the item is worth, but then again with the gas prices it may not
    be bad. Ah you know what they say 6 of 1 and half dozen of the other.
  6. Cannonball

I've paid more in shipping that what I paid for the item a few times. It kinda makes you scratch your head now and then. But, if you paid $10 for a 50lb thingamabob, I would guess shipping it going to be up there. I figure if I really want something, I'll pay the extra for shipping especially if I get a good deal on it from eBay or someplace.
  7. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

What's wrong with KC? I love going there, just wish it wasn't four hours away...

There's a ton of this stuff out there, so if you're careful with shipping, you can get a lot in a very short time. Just don't get caught up in the bidding frenzy. There WILL be another one next month, especially if it's postwar or modern production.
  8. elmntl1

elmntl1 New Member

Love e-bay, living in Orlando is worse than living in the sticks. There is only 1 recognized hobby shop in all of Central FL which is basically Daytona to Cocoa and over to Tampa. They that deal with all scale from z-g and has been around since 1954. There are a few other shops around too but none that the knowledge as Colonial Photo & Hobby~
  9. BKlein

BKlein New Member

Check this place out its in St. Petersburg but its worth a trip if your in the area http://www.hrtrains.com/. Dad and I go about once a year. There is also a small place in Sarasota that deals in nothing but trains http://www.gcmrr.com/ hope this helps a little