I've been workin' on the railroad...

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
...and have gotten a lot done. I decided to simplify the main town, Bryan (named after my son), and "retired" the paper buildings I had created. So, I reorganized everything, put down a road, put in some grass and a few trees and other things. I've also been working on ballasting the rest of the track. I have a bag of talus that I thought looked better than the "ballast" I had been using. Originally the talus was meant for some retaining walls...but oh well! :)

Here are some pictures. I got fancy with the first two and digitally inserted a backdrop. Well, it was better than looking at a ratty old computer and a telephone! :D

Bryan1.jpg

Here you are looking west across the town of Bryan. There is a two-level parking lot behind the station. The "blank" cliff between the track and the station will hold a ramp between the two levels.

Bryan2.jpg

This is the view looking south. The building on the left is a school. On the right are the church and two paper houses. The buildings along the main street in the back are (from left to right) Kristi's Home Cookin' Restaurant, Emily's Dry Goods and the Bryan Hotel.

Bryan3.jpg

This last image is an "aerial" view looking east. The darker looking track in the upper right hasn't been ballasted yet.

I'm counting it about 80% done. Most of the rest is just ground clutter and trees. Once I can say it's done, I want to start on the next one! hehehehe

-Rory

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Looks good

Looking Good Rory, I also like the small town on an angle to the tracks.
So what's the next one going to look like?
shamus

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
The Next Big Thing

My current plan is to model the Union Pacific between Taylor and Hearne, Texas; but I'm open to the idea of freelancing something. Either way, I want to build it (at least partly) out of NTrak and oNeTrak modules. I figure I'll start with two end pieces and expand it from the middle!

-Rory