I've been lax at saying hello, so...

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by SCEtoAux, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Howdy folks.

I got into card modeling about five years ago. While looking through a box from the attic I came across an old Dungeons & Dragons boxed game from 1975. I thought it would be neat to have some large dice in all of those shapes so I went looking on the web to find a site that would have the polyhedra nets needed to make them. There were a few places that would generate the nets, but without any glueing tabs. Then I found http://www.korthalsaltes.com/index.html. It has a bunch of polyhedra models to make, including all of the shapes of the D&D dice, err die, err dices, or whatever. :roll:

In the search there was a whole bunch of other place showing up with all kinds of paper models of all kinds of things. :shock:

I have dabbled a bit in making some of them, Currell's Space Ship One is the most detailed that I have completed. Some of the small detailed parts seemed a bit over the top, but having completed the model it is now known that those small details actually help make the model. :eek:

The community here has given me an itch to try some of the more elaborate models available. Some of the people displaying their work here are just plain great artists, both the builders and the designer/builders.

So Howdy once again.
  2. Gil

Gil Active Member

Welcome aboard and enjoy this place. It's a nice comfortable assylum for people who still marvel at the discovery of paste glue, paper ripping and finger paints in preschool...,

Best regards, Gil
  3. Atomsk

Atomsk Member

4. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Atomsk, I always thought it was neat that someone sitting at a panel remembered some obscure action once used in a simulation and saved a space flight by suggesting moving a switch to the Aux position. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.