It's Too Small

Parker

Sep 22, 2003
Edmonton Alberta
Visit site
When those words are spoken by your wife it's stikes fear in the heart, thankfully she was talking about the layout!

My 3'x8' has been on hold for 8 months or so as we were planning to buy a new house so there was no sense in continuing only to tear it down and move. Well we got the new house, all settled in so I thougt it was time to set things up again. While I was unable to build on the layout itself I constructed a couple of building. One being the Glacier Gravel Company ( not happy with it btw ) Well I set them on the layout and she says it looks silly, looks to big on here. So I have her permission to rip it apart and build a much bigger layout. I can't wait to get started again!!

Regards

Parker

Sep 22, 2003
Edmonton Alberta
Visit site
The secret was don't ask..let her think it was her idea! But seriously, I never said a word, I was happy with what I had.

I think is had to do with us having the space now, if it was still beside the couch like it was at the other house I'm sure it wouldn't have even went back up. :wave:

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Very kewl, Parker (and good to see another Edmontonian on board). My wife and I just moved to the northside, and the deal was that I got a significant part of the basement (turns out to be 13.5 x 19.5) for my layout.

Course, now that the area is prepped with lighting and carpet, I need my wife to get her car back from the shop so I can start building it out (her car fits 8' lumber very nicely, mine not so much).

rksstl

May 24, 2003
St. Peters Missouri
Visit site
It's amazing how many of us have gone thru the same thing, I was confined to a 3x8 too. Track was down abd ballasted, wired for dcc and started putting in buildings. Then out of the clear blue my wife lets me have the spare bed room that i wanted in the first place. :eek: BTW I've owned the house since 1986 and no one has ever used that room, only to collect junk. Cool Parker hope you enjoy the larger space :D

sschaer

Aug 23, 2004
parker.....

too bad i was not aware you're from edmonton. been ther in july... just a few days before i met mike haggarty (sd90) and grant eastman. would have been fun to say hallo.