It's Saturday already

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
Morning all. The coffee is finished and cookies are on the table. No rolls today, bakery is too far away. There are fresh eggs in the fridge if anyone is interested. Weather here is 34 and a little hazy out. I don't know about the rest of you but I will need to be doing some Christmas shopping. If we are not too tired, will work on the layout toningt. All of you have a good day and we will see you later

Well, good morning, everyone.

I'm on my third cup of coffee already. It's a frosty, going-to-be sunny morning here in the Ozarks. The thermometer said 24 when I came downstairs to let the dog out, and we've got quite a bit of lake-effect fog hanging overhead and a lot of steam rising off the lake.

I have a full day of chopping firewood ahead of me. I also need to re-hang my dock de-icers in the water. I'm going to use chains and quick links this time instead of the ropes I normally use every year.

Didn't do any model building last night. I sat and looked through the new RMC and MR and made mental notes of articles I want to go back and read. I'll probably work on my latest work train car this evening.

Everyone have a good day.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Thought I'd drop off a jug of Graham County's finest to wash them eggs and cookies down with (not everybody is a coffee drinker you know :rolleyes: ). 28 degrees and blowing snow, supposed to warm up to 45 tomorrow, good weekend for getting something done on the layout :D . Maybe I can finally get started on those row houses or something.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
running late today. christmas party last night and early this a.m. started to decorate the house. We put up 4 trees. 3 themes (Angels, light houses and White House Historical Society) and a 9 & 1/2 foot general decorations. So Ill grab a cuppa and a cookie and run Just got the trees up and need to hang the ornaments.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
acshrpe,
Kinda got used to the breakroom, happy to see you've started this up. Maybe this will become the gauge's morning whistlestop, and a place where we can just say hello, and go on about our day.

Tyson,
happy to see the jug is back.

Casey,
I'm assuming the "dock de-icers" are there to keep the winter ice from pulling the dock pilings out of the lake bottom. Some folks might not know, like I had no idea what a sump pump ws for until I settled here in the midwest.

Davidstrains,
If you're putting up all that decoration, you might need a pull from Tyson's jug o' Graham County's finest.

I've got a Christmas party this evening, and had some things to get done before party time. Pretty quick here it'll be "rain-locker" time, and off to party. Save some breakfast tomorrow, I'll be in late.
Pete

hoyle

Jul 12, 2002
NC
Visit site
Allready drink 4 Coca Cola 's and working on the trains.Out of power for 7 days .Thought i would run some blue box Athearns.Being use to better running locomotives the blue boxes sure run great when you been away from running trains when the power has been off.:eek: :) :rolleyes: :cool: :D ;) :p :cool: :cool: