It's Only Tuesday? Bummer! Come Have A Cup.

Shay Driver

Sep 5, 2002
Kyle, Texas
Visit site

Morning All,

Bagels and all the fixin's, that's what is on the table today.

Sumpter250 thanks for the HOOCH. Might better check back on Wednesday and give us another hit. The Blue Note will probably be needin' some then, too.

Rusty do you not mean, in Mr. Wetsuit's case, 'if the flipper fits'? :D :rolleyes: :D

HopefulAlan, you have a nice looking track plan there. :cool:

Build a mountain and blast a tunnel for your train today.

Wolv33

Aug 30, 2002
Smalltown, MO
Visit site
Morning all,

exRR-liners...

Tom and Myself are still working hard on the new forums. As I mentioned before, we believe we have a server, and a couple more un-linked storage areas for files and pics. I will keep you updated.

Two donuts and some tea here. Sorry haven't been around in the last few days...between new forums, MCSE studying and hands-on, model railroading, and work...just been really really busy.

Y'all have a good morn'!

Later.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I need a band-aid. Went to pick up this hat outside the door and it bit me.
Small coffee and an onion bagle for me today. Have to work tonight. Gonna do a couple of projects before I take my nap.
Check back later.....

HopefulAlan

Oct 25, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
Mornin' all,

'Tis a beautiful morning in northeast Ohio, although the forecast is for rain. Let's appreciate what we've got while we've got it, no?

Just time for a quick cup this morning. I've already spent a bit of time over on the Track Planning forum writing another response to the good folks who have been helping me turn my amateur efforts into a really fine plan. I would be most happy for any of you who haven't already seen it to do so and offer your suggestions. Nelson, and those others of you who have offered nice comments, I really do appreciate them. They are encouraging, but at the same time I realize that there is much room for improvement in the plan and I really am thankful for all your constructive comments, as well.

Now, I have just one more question...why is that, whenever I move to a different spot here in the breakroom, I seem to find the same funny lookin' cap next to my foot? Did somebody tie it to my ankle, or is it actually following me around? And what's that weird smell?

Have a good railroading day, y'all.

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Hi all, this is the first time I've made it before breakfast is stopped being served. Just a pot of coffee to go please.
Working on fencing in the yard to corral the four legged pooper's. Can't wait till it's done so I can watch Tommy "The Bug" Boy leap over the top and Lizzy "The Whizzin' Whizzer" tunnel under.:eek: :rolleyes: :D .

Have a great day ya'll

t.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Good Morning Nelson,Good Morning all!

'Tis a cold 36 degrees here in the land of Buckeyes.Suppose to rain today..Better then that white stuff I suppose.

Sunday over breakfast with the club we was discussing the new advancements to come in the hobby and what control system will replace DCC. The thought turn to many things one that got my fancy was a small camera about the size of a Edgeport speaker being installed in the cab of a locomotive and having monitors located around the layout. Just think man,you would have sound,be "riding" the cab and see your layout as the HO folks do.Could it get any better then that? Remember not so long ago quaility sound like we have today was unheard of...I know about the other on board camera,but this system would give quaility pictures and would fit your current locomotive cabs.I do see one problem with installing the camera in high nose geeps and steam locomotives,is where to place the camera,but,am sure that could be over come...

Well,I have time for some coffee then off to the work bench to finish up a car and other projects.

Have a nice day all! :D

Rusty Stumps

Good Morning, Nelson, all the ole coots!:D

Ya, Nelson, in his case I guess it is flippers. From what I understand, from the lake rumor mill, he wears them all the time, even sleeping among other things. Feels it helps his image!:p

HopefulAlan.... don't plan on it staying that way. That's the way it was here yesterday but this morning it's 39 and rain with a nice brisk breeze to drive it to your bones. All this courtesy of Mr. Feedwater as he conjored it up over his lake in the Ozarks.

Talk later,

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks,

Time for a bagel and coffee this morning. Kind of cool around here this morning. It is suppose to get rainy and raw later tonight.

I actually did some modeling last night. I lettered a hopper car. The results can be seen in the airbrushing post over in the Q&A forum. Much better than my first attempt at lettering. I still need to finish weathering the Northern Light and Power building and build a base for it.

Well I hope everyone has a good day.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Onion bagle and the creamed cheese with chives unless there are some of Debbie's strawberry preeserves left in the 'fridge.

I guess the "cool & wet" is going to be with us for a while. You guys in the midwest just can't keep it corralled. We got about an inch of rain yeaterday and while it is helping our drought, it is sure messing up doing anything outside.

Maybe I will do some more wiring this afternoon.

Have a good day all.:) :)

Good morning, everyone. You too, Rusty.

By the way, Rusty, what's the name of your favorite football team and baseball team? hehehe:D :D :D :D :eek:

Ahhh, yes, the weather. Everybody talks about it, but nobody does anything about it. :rolleyes: Today is our 8th straight day of cold, rainy, drizzly weather. No wonder all of the stumps are rusty. :eek: :eek: :D

Nelson, flippers ain't all at this time of year. Sunday, I also had on my sub-zero hood and ski-type mask. It was an awe-inspiring spectacle. Folks lined the shorline for miles just to get a glimpse as I went roaring by. Of course, I did get a little nervous when I saw the sunlight glinting off the glass elements of their scopes.... :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Ok, back to reality. I finished (finally!) glazing and framing the windows on my wagon and tractor repair shed. Tonight I'll start puting the wall sections together.

Everyone have a good one.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Mornin',
Coffee and a doughnut will do just fine this morning.
Cold, wet, weather?? For those of you who don't live here, the midwest EXPORTS bad weather, enjoy. There's two dozen hopperloads of "Lake Effect" heading out right now!
Someone needs to either feed that cap, or muzzle it!
There's another tank load of GCF(Graham County's Finest) on the way. Try to keep it quiet, the Feds don't know about this one.
Flippers are high speed snowshoes.
Found a Durango Press HOn3 kit of a handcar, yesterday.I'll have to get to it soon, so it'll be on the modules at Trainfest.
Nobody around here has O scale parts, so will have to scratch an air pump for the On30 2-8-2.
Gary, Don't know if you've been there or not, but check out "Railfanning on the club layout", there's a JGL hopper there.
Goin' out on the gauge now, talk to you later.

Tankertoad70

Oct 19, 2002
Oregon City, OR
Visit site
Greetings all from the Upper Left Coast. A nice, hot cuppa and plain ol' donut will be just superb, thank you.

Another sunny, and somewhat 'kule' day here. Great day for Raiflannin', cept I'm inside auditing.:(

Everyone have a fine, railroady day!!!:D

Cowcatcher

Oct 16, 2002
Near Spokane, WA
Visit site
Whoa doggies it is cold here. In the teens with a trace of snow in the night and about a 25mph wind from the north. Supposed to get down to 13 on Thursday night. This is really January weather for us.

I need to grab a bagel and run. Everyone take care!

Mornin y'all

just got back from another uneventful trip. the people at the dock in Lynchburg VA decided they knew better than us how much weight our truck can hold. so we went 50 miles to the nearest scale, just to find that, as we told them, that we were 2000 pounds over our maximum gross weight. so we had to drive all the way back, and get a pallet taken off.

now, it's off to Pasadena CA tonight. maybe i'll race the little old lady:D :D :D

y'all have an excellent week, I gots to get back to the trains.

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
Morning all - or should I say Afternoon.

Watch out Brakie & HopefulAlan - the snow is headed your way. Here in southern Mich (5 miles north of Ohio line) it is spitting that white stuff. Nothing sticking as of yet, but it is sure cold out there.

Finally got that tree thing down, they look pretty good now. We did about 50 trees last night now the job of putting them in. I wish planting the real ones were just as easy.

Hubby is working on his portion of the layout. Small switching area that will link the rest of the thing together. Me - I am still doing the research on my N&W/Wabash at the Mtp. OH yard. Having problems with conflicting infor. I guess I will have to talk to some older friends that worked there.

Will pass on the donuts and have coffee with my lunch. Soup and sandwich sound good to me.

Have a good one.

NYCentral

Aug 29, 2002
Albany, NY
Visit site
Originally posted by Casey Feedwater
Hey, John, glad to see ya.

Welcome to the Gauge. I think you'll enjoy it here. There are a lot of friendly folks, and there are some outstanding modelers here.

There may even be a name or two you recognize from the past. ;) :D

OH who???:confused:

Nice to see you here John!!