It's Monday !

acshrpe

Oct 15, 2002
Southern MI
Visit site
Morning all. Coffee is on and the tea is steeping in the pot. Hot water for the chocolate is ready. Cookies are on the table and the Breakfast casserol is ready. Homemade German Rye bread on the counter. Sorry, on my second cup of coffee already.

The temp here is 27 but with the wind it feels like 16, but still no snow for Christmas:( .

PenRailRoads -- you have out prayers and condolences for you loss. I can relate to your sorrow. I lost my Grandfather on Christmas eve a few years back. You must realise the Great One has a better plan for our loved ones than we can ever realize. Your Grandfather and cousin will be in your hearts this season and many more to come. We may not understand, but we must keep the faith in Him.

I got called in to work today, so won't get as much done as I had hoped. Got to finish the cream puffs today and bake 4 more loafs of bread.

If any of you are traveling today, be careful -- there are some crazy people on the roads today and tomorrow.

All have a good one and be careful.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Good morning folks

The cold weather came back. It is currently 38 F (3 C) here the Delaware Valley. We may get into the mid 40s later in the day. The weather idiots are beside themselves because we might get some snow showers on Christmas day. It would be nice but I won’t hold my breath.

Well I finished lettering, assembling, and weathering the CRP hopper. I still need to make a coal load for it. I posted a picture of it in the photo forum. I also finished lettering the Rutland boxcar. Using dry transfers over the simulated plastic wood was interesting but I think it worked out well. I also assembled the car and began weathering. I hope to finish it tonight. The next two cars will be a wood reefer labeled for Hershey’s and a 40’ boxcar probably for LNE.

My condolences to PennRailRoads on your loss.

Anybody want a couple of kids for a few hours so we can finish Santa’s wrapping?

I hope everybody has a good day.

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Coffee....mmmmm. That cassarole looks good also.
PRR our condolances to you and your family.

Ran the trains for an hour or so last night getting ready for Christmas day when my son brings his train up. I have no schedule or "way bills" yet. Trains just come and go. But it is fun watching them. No scenery or buildings either just cardboard mockups around the track. Doing some imagineering.

Have a good day and stay warm:) :)

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Mornin',
Tree's up, gifts are wrapped, my daughters are all in town, and Christmas will begin tomorrow morning. That's so all the families can have "their moments". By Sunday, they'll all be gone, back to life as usual.
Penn, I lost my dad this past june. The month before, we all had gathered to celebrate his 90th. It became the opportunity to "say goodbye". He knew he wasn't going to be around much longer, and he was ready. My parents were married for 62 years, and Dad managed 17 months of separaion before going to join his soulmate. I'll set aside a Christmas prayer for you and yours, and hope that the spirit of the holidays will give you comfort.
2003 is just around the corner! 200THREE!!! Ten minutes ago we were anticipating the new millenia, and now,we're suddenly well into it! With any luck, come next November I'll sucessfully complete my 60th circumnavigation of the sun.
Looking at my calendar, Friday, two days after Christmas, is marked, "last quarter", and with the gifts bought, that's what I'll be down to.
Enough. The party starts tomorrow, and then there's New Years! Life's too short for worrying, and the parties are few and far between, so I'm off to celebrate!!!
Later,
Pete