It's MONDAY, weekend modeling accomplishments!

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Yes it's Monday, what did we get done in our modeling world?
The Canadians have one more day due to a holiday, Happy Thanksgiving!

For me, I didn't get diddly done. All that I did was run trains on Friday, too much work this weekend. I did put on a pair of old Athearn 6axle Uboats, '70s era and boy do they draw the power, well over 1 amp, tried alot of running to see if they would calm down but noooo.
I guess new motors are in hand if I keep them, they're from my PC/Conrail phase and are in transition paint.
Didn't even get to the LHS for track, so I can't even work on that during the week.:cry:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-:thumb:

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
I got power to my rails and ran my two new locomotives
cool.gif
on my switching puzzle and general try'em out layout
biggrin.gif

Next up is new trucks and couplers
smile.gif
for my old rolling stock and bench work for my new layout
thumbsup.gif

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We had a very busy weekend with football and cheerleading. My son’s team (Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AA) started off Saturday at 8 AM against the Springfield Cougars at the Cougars field. They tied 6-6. We then had to wait one game and then my daughter cheered for the next. On Sunday my son had a AAA game which is just 6 and 7 year olds against the Marple Tigers. Drexel Hill won 13-7. On top of this was grocery shopping, a birthday party, and cheerleader practice.

I did, however, get some modeling done. I finished assembling and weathering the 200 ton crane. I also added window glazing to the MOW B&O caboose/crane tender.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
As Brian said, I've still got one more day in my weekend but I spent all saturday at the MR show and swap, as well as tour several layouts or other modelers. See the 'Swap Meet Finds' thread in the HO scale forum, I made out like a bandit! Yesterday I got about 30 minutes on my steam donkey for the Pile driver project. Today will be a mix of yard work and trains. Maybe I'll even run an ore tain up the switchback this afternoon.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
I wanted to finish the back yard of my scratchbuilt house, but I wasn't sure how much room was available. Soooo...that led me into hours and hours of design and re-design of the entire trackplan!! Funny how one little project can so easily spin into something major. However, the net result is that I have finally sorted out the over/under aspects of the trolley, mainline and industrial areas - which has been a huge stumbling block up to now.

I also managed to find a way to get a turn-back loop at one end without the need to rip up track or benchwork, so, although I didn't get any actual modelling done, I am one happy camper!!!

Val

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Nothing done on the layout--I spent the weekend at the Western Railway Museum doing archive work, organizing photos of Sacramento trolley lines. So while I didn't actually build anything, I got boatloads of inspiration studying images from the Twenties through the Forties of trolleys, trackage, buildings and other surroundings!

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
24 ft of right of way cleared and graded,ready for the track crews to move up.
18' of trackwork rough in done with 2 turnout controlers yet to build.
Clipped a bunch of Yarrow yesterday for the tree building department to trim and paint.Magazine Article filing continues back at the RR headquarters and the architects are still arguing over a central theme for all Railroad buildings.
Negotiations continue over the purchase of a coke factory currently served by competitor.its aquisition would improve the railways foothold in the region as would the procurement of the Atlas Cement plant that recently came up for sale.
Stockholders have been put on alert that dividends may be suspended pending the outcome of negotiations on these 2 properties.
Engineering department reports that the new Bridge design is complete for over the Cascade chasm and materials Are on the rail for delivery to the site.Construction is expected to be completed before the hard cold of january sets in.
The head of the Accounting department reports that expenditures are still much higher than revenues and has been sending out resume's in anticipation of the railroads demise.Management expects a Windfall soon and does not appear worried.

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Lines North News:

Hauling rights are being negotiated with a local mining operation for when the new line over the cascade chasm is completed.Mining company pledges support to see project through.
34' of roadbed completed yesterday to complete the mainline grading with the exception of the 2 bridges.Materials have arrived on site.Tracklaying will continue at an unprecedented state with news of the mining comany support.
Architects and engineers report agreement on the use of local stone for bridgework ,retaining walls and tunnel structures.The local stone theme is to be carried through into support structures where feasible.
Negotiations have stalled on the procurement of the Coke plant but management is still hopeful and waiting on the completion of the feasability study before moving ahead.
The rumor of the Strike by MOW employees has been investigated and traced to a single disgruntled employee who just went through a divorce.Management has decided to give the employee a paid leave with the condition that he seeks medical guidance.MOW employees cheered managements decision and local people have dubbed the line"The Company That Cares"
Stockholders are hopeful about the long term implications of this new spirit of community support.