It's MONDAY, weekend modeling accomplishments!

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Here it is Monday already, what did we get done in our modeling world?

All was well when I arrived home from work Friday evening, rained hard all day, so a check of the basement showed no water, great, was going to work on the layout organization. Two hours later when I went down to work, blah, rivers! Oh well, no layout work this weekend.:cry:
I did manage to work on some cars. Went in the attic too, found some old Pemco cars I forgot I had, trying to figure out what I got them for, 60' box cars, probably to rebuild into some NYC cars since they have roofwlks. I'll figure it out. :confused:

No train running-:(-waiting for basement to dry!

Hope others had a better weekend of modeling!:)

trains1972

Sep 1, 2004
philadelphia, pa
pg.photos.yahoo.com
I got more done this weekend then I thought I would. I was able to finish the plaster on the other part of the mountian that I was building. Next weekend it gets painted
mmm1.jpg

IM001304.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I got nothing accomplished as far as modeling goes this weekend. Friday night we watched my son’s football team the Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AA defeat Swathmorewood Rams 33 to 14. Saturday we were dealing with the rain from Ivan. My daughter’s cheerleading was canceled due to it. We had some high creeks but no major flooding locally. Also the basement stayed dried unlike the 10 inch freak storm we had in August. I also did some ceiling repair work in the foyer where we had some ceiling damage from when our sink in the bathroom decided it needed replacing. Sunday was just a catch up day on chores around the house.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
As I said on Friday I spent the weekend visiting my Father-In-Law in the hospital, and working on my wife's car. My Father-in-Law is doing much better now. He's still waiting for the quintuple by-pass surgery in Vancouver but he's due to be flown there any day now. He's in good spirits and getting lots of rest.
During the rest of the free time I fibreglassed in the rust hole in the trunk/fender of my wife's car. I'm still picking resin off my arms!
On the model front, all I managed to do was fiolage on 5 trees and a few minutes work on the piledriver since everything else kept me busy. Now I have to go to work so I can get some rest!

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
This weekend I laid track on a 1'x6' module section (I completed the benchwork last weekend.) This section is Haggin Yard, a single-ended yard with four tracks (main line, northbound, southbound, interchange) and a caboose track off the main ladder track, and an "escape track" from the northbound track to the main line. I also put down the first layer of scenery, consisting of drywall plaster (for the ground between tracks) and Sculptamold (for a gentle hill along the back edge of the module.) Wiring is pretty simple--two sets of feeder wires, although I may drill a hole to provide lighting for a yard office.

(cheesy ascii track plan)
_______Interchange___________________Caboose Track____
_______Southbound_________________\
_______Northbound__________________\
________\__Main Line_________________\___Yard lead____

Although I do plan on adding trolley wire elsewhere on the layout, the yard will be "third-rail territory" (the prototype actually started third-rail about a mile north) in order to allow me to utilize the 0-5-0 switcher and manual uncoupling devices without constantly lancing my hand with trolley wires. I'll add a row of power poles along the back edge.

Yard capacity is about 24 cars (40 or 50 footers), or more if I use the mainline track as car storage. Since the "main line " actually doesn't go anywhere beyond that point, it is used as a starting position for southbound through trains (it's the northernmost point of the layout) and I don't feel too guilty about using the mainline as a yard lead (and hey, the prototype did it!)

Tomorrow I'll airbrush the track and lay ballast, then I'll add some grass and weeds and perhaps a shanty or three, plus some assorted yard mess. Once it's halfway presentable I'll take some photos.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I got the black paint sprayed on the GP35s and the Athearn 4-6-2 then got sidetracked onto an old N scale project.
It's a cross between a L/L 0-6-0t and a Bachmann Dockside.

Attachments

• Sep20001.JPG
    Sep20001.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 61

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
Did some painting. Spent most of the time going "Does that look right...,"
"Should I do this...,""... AAARRGGHHH... This look awfull!"

What y'all think?

Attachments