It's Monday, weekend modeling accomplishments!

NYC-BKO

The weekend is over, did we get anything done to our train sets???

I got very little done, storms Thur. and Fri. set back my mowing plus lost power Fri. night so couldn't do any modeling while it stormed. Sat. after getting caught up on the outside work didn't feel like doing anything else. Did manage to finish one car and start another. Worked on the MofW truck some more, it is proving to be quite a rebuild since the seperate interior has to become part of the bed and I won't be able to spray it if put them together, hmmm? Did get to the LHS Sat. for supplies.. Picked up a few cheap cars at the flea market on Sun., adding to the list of todo's.

I did manage to run trains though!:thumb:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!! -:)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I had a semi productive weekend. I finished attaching signs to the windows of the Pink Boutique. I also painted shades and curtains on the windows. Lastly I began assembling the wall sections.

Tileguy

No modeling accomplished,but i did manage to hit rummage sale heaven for modelers and picked up some rather cool extra's for the workbench and supply bin.Winter will be here before we know it and i intend to be ready for it ;)

Ray Marinaccio

I wasn't a very pleasant weekend here. Due to a miscalculation on the part of our caseworker, our medical coverage through the state has been canceled. Now we have to fight to get it back. Meanwhile we can't afford the $450 a month worth of medications it takes to keep this medical condition under control. So much for the hobby budget.
Didn't make it to the show in Prescott.
I did get some decals on this batch of locos.

TrainClown

Nooooooooo Modeling done here. I been working like a slave on this puppet project as my client leaves for Scotland on Thursday and of course, she needs the puppet or else everything is for knot. Good thing the Olimpics are on to inspire me.

It's the Olimpic Puppet Building Challange! TrainClown's in the lead with the Buffalo puppet. Old Man Time is trying to catch him, but the clown is deeking! Can the Clown pull this off and win the gold, or will he go down in defeat?

"I'm not down for the count...............yet!" bellered the Clown.

We shall see. ;)

TrainClown :D

I actually found a little time between honey-dos to try a little weathering. I've scratch built a couple of trusses to hold up a plate girder bridge. Spent a couple of hours weathering with chalks and got them looking pretty good (for my first time). I then misted a fine coat of artist acrylic matte medium spray and screwed them both up. :cry: They got all blotchy looking. :curse: If at first you don't succeed, etc, etc.
Doc

C

Catt

Got all the decals except the road numbers on the second GVR C30-7m.Also got some things done on the TTRAK modules

Ray Marinaccio

Here's a look at some of this weekends progress.
I still need to add afew details and clear coat.

Attachments

• Aug23001.JPG
    Aug23001.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 62
F

Fred_M

Went to the Hobby Lobby and purchased what I though would be a good supply of 1/2 price strip wood. I used uo 2/3 of it Sunday and today working on 3 coaling towers. 40 foot of 3/32 by 3/32 wood is used and I'm only 1/2 done. How can three little 10 inch coal towers require sooooo much wood? Well, at least it ws 1/2 price :D . Fred

F

Fred_M

Sorry to break up your posts Ray. Great look for a ConRail, better than them jailbirds deserve. :D Fred

Glen Haasdyk

It poured rain for the most of the weekend so I did some modelwork. I continued to build my sanding facility. I used 1/2 of an old MDC drover caboose as the drying shed and a short section of an old gondola to make the outside sand storage. I'm scratchbuilding a tower section out of plaststruct shapes and brass. Tonight I'm going to try to build a small platform for the tower and add the ladder. Then it's weatherin' time!
I only wish I had a digital camera so I could share some pics.

DT1967

I actually have something to report!!! I attended the Turkey Creek Divisional meet near KC and had the priveledge to visit Bob Miller's ATSF layout.

I also built or rather kit bashed 4 Accurail ACF hoppers. Ok maybe it wasn't a total kit bash but I did add Kadee lids to the gear box to correctly hold in the couplers. I also added metal wheels and attached the trucks with screws. It's a start anyway.

DT