Its Monday 8-8-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TomPM, Aug 8, 2005.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

How did your modeling go this weekend?

My modeling got cut short by son who came down with a nasty stomach virus that required two trips to the ER to get under control. Stomach pain in a child is scary because it can be so many things. He is fine now. Amazing how kids bounce back.

Before all the excitement I did attach the railings to an Bachmann Spectrum Reading SD-45 that I have had for years. I also began inventorying my rolling stock. I did not get anything done that I planned to do over the weekend modeling-wise that is.
  2. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

I cleaned out my workshop, at least partly. I went through all the drawers in my workbench and threw out almost a full garbage bag of papers, dried paint bottles, broken tools and destroyed paintbrushes. I then tackled the top on the workbench where I found the parts to the tunnel portal that I was scratch-building. I finished the tunnel portal and then started stacking about ten years worth of model railroader mags that I still have to put away but at least I can get around in the workshop again.
    I also did a little work on my Athearn 250 ton crane, adding weights and couplers before I was called away for gardening tasks.

This is what the workshop looks like now:
    Genius is seldom tidy.
  3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Sorry to hear about the nasty experience your son had Tom
    Glen, that workspace is unbelievably tidy.
    For me, I did some more on the helix I am building which seems to be taking forever.
    I aslo started dismantling the old nolix on my layout that the helix will replace.
  4. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

Let's see:

I did manage to build a few ore cars and some others. That's about it.

Ran trains some, rest of weekend was occupied.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-:wave:
  5. b28_82

b28_82 Member

I finally managed to get all three of my switches in on my one to three track module. I've been waiting on the third #6 Left switch for about a month now. Hurricanes and unavailability until i was home on vacation left me one switch short and I didn't want to do anything unless i had all three switches. The next thing is to put some small tubing in under track one to service the middle switch. Anyone have any size suggestions for going under N scale cork roadbed?

Attached Files:

6. ausien

ausien Active Member

Well, I was going to take the weekend of, and do absalutely nothing to do with modeling, but I got board, and went throu a junk box and in a bout 2 hours I came up with this industry " The Bendit & Bugerit shipping "... what do you think...have a good one..steve

Attached Files:

7. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Nice one Steve!