Its Monday 8-29-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I am having a little bit of a late start this morning as it is the first day of school for the kids and we had to take them. Had a long weekend with football and cheerleading. My daughter cheered on Saturday and my son played two football games on Sunday. In the first game which the Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AA squad tied Swathmorewood Rams 0-0 he played most of the second half on the defensive line and I was a sideline coach. In the second game the Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AAA team lost to the Chester Panthers 19-0. He played center and defensive tackle and guard the entire game. We had only 11 players. Since I am the AAA coach I was on the field with them the entire game. After the game I had to help put away all the equipment and clean up the field. Needless to say I was exhausted.

I did finish assembling 5 reefer kits over the weekend. I still need to weather them.

And here they are:

aat.jpg

aau.jpg

aaw.jpg

aax.jpg

aay.jpg

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Nice stuff Tom.

I am really starting to get interested in the Express reefers... that's a nice example you have there.

While you did all that stuff... I managed to finally finish the P2K 8000 gal tanker. Very nice in the end. It is a "timesaver" which means they have put together the underframe details, plus most of the grab irons, and the dome details for you.

It is lettered for Canadian Petroleum Tank Lines (CTLX). There are three other numbers available, so I might just have to get the others while they are still on sale (CAN$12 each) at the LTS.

Pic to follow.

Andrew

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Cut the windows and doors out on my enginehouse project, then discouvered that I while I do have the large engine doors, I don't have a small 'person' door so after spending an hour looking through my scrap boxes for a suitable door I've decided to just scratch build one, how hard can that be?
I also started to put the framework behind the walls that have the openings cut out. I still have to cut the two large door openings and the one small 'people' door opening.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Let's see:

Broke in a few of the newly acquired engines. Still having some problems with 2 BB F's of course I got the 2 lemons. Worked on removing freight cars from the layout area so maybe I can start an expansion this fall/winter. Finished the unwanted roof detail removal and sanding of an F7B, time to add details. Worked on some car kits, had plenty of time as the weather did not cooperate for outside work.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-
wave.gif

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
'Tween wind and rain and apocolytic newscasts down here, I managed to get this old boxlot transfer table running. Poorly assembled with Walther's Goo and with a stripped drive train, I disassembled it, lubed it up, made a bunch of adjustments and added some improved wiring and pickups. Runs like a watch with my largest and heaviest desiels...not bad for a freebie. :thumb:

Attachments

• trans.jpg
    trans.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 12

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Yep, that and an Atlas (motorized at that) turntable...which also runs just great after a bit of internal cleaning. Sweet :thumb: You going to the club tomorrow?

Attachments

• museum5b.JPG
    museum5b.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 15

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
As predicted I didnt do any modeling this week end, but did spend a Very good week end youth minding, 2 girls 12, 14,... at my age I did nt think we wouyld have much in common with each other, but we had a ball, laughing and messing around. It made me feel young again, and took me back to when my own kids were that age... A great time was had by us all....hope you had a good one..steve

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
I went camping over the weekend. Had to try out the new (used, 3rd owner) pop-up camper. Could not have asked for a better weekend weather wise. No grandkids, no dog, just the misses and I. Spent a lot of time in our kyaks and swimming. Thinking ahead, I took along some tools and my magnifying hood. If we got rained out and had to spend a lot of time in the camper, what better than try my patience in putting together some Z scale couplers I purchased many months back. We did not get any rain but did find a few hours every morning to work on the picnic table outside the camper. Became very proficient in putting them little suckers together. Over the three days I assemble all twenty four couplers and only lost three of them teeny tiny little itty bitty springs. I bought the couplers to use on some N scale 36' overland passenger cars. Last night I had a chance to body mount them.

When the parts came in, I made a fixture using some styrene scraps. I was all thumbs and gave up after the first one. Guess it took a relaxing camping trip to put me in the mood.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 11

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Wished I had moved the couplers back just a tad more to lessen the gap between cars. But this distance would be best on the radius I planned on my module. Here is the coupler mounted on the car.

Attachments

• MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 13
  • MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 14

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
They sure look better than the horn hooks the cars came with and much better to scale than the "N" scale Micro Train size. They work fantastic, had no problem making up a consist.

Attachments

• MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 11

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Tom, those are beautiful reefers!

Bob, we don't often see pics of transfer tables on layouts..looking forward to seeing what you do with it. There is a prototype example of one at Bandanna Square in St. Paul, a former RR shop area turned specialty mall.

Bill, you are nimble of finger, indeed! :)

Ralph