Its Monday 8-15-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We had an oppressive weekend with temperatures in the high nineties and the air was thick you had to chew it instead of breathing it. We spent very little time outdoors. We went from the air conditioned van to the air conditioned store.

I had a fairly productive weekend modeling with the hot, humid weather keeping me indoors. I also cleaned up the work bench and store my scenery supplies better. The cat had taken a liking to various bags of grass and foliage and was removing them from the basement and playing with them in various parts of the house. I even airbrushed two coats of undercoat on the undercarriage, weights, and trucks of the reefers I am working on.

Here is the one of the projects I finished this weekend. It is a Athearn blue box Chessie U30B that I finished installing and painting the railings. I used Creamcoat Tuscan Red as a good match for vermillion.

aay.jpg

aaz.jpg

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Wow... you'd never miss that coming down the tracks!

I actually have something to report...! For the first time in about 3 months, I went to the local train shop. Bought a ca 1920s 8000 gal tanker (Proto 2000 timesaver edition) lettered for Canadian Petroleum Tank Lines (CTLX), and also the August 2005 MR.

Ok, it's not actual modelling work, but it was fun! ;) :D

Andrew

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I spent saturday with this:
age.jpg

agg.jpg

It's called the Kettle Valley steam train and it runs out of a town about 45 minutes away. It runs along an abandoned track for about a 15 mile return trip. Alot of fun I will be back, I'm sure!

Sunday I worked on several projects. I finished The mantua pacific for my boss, the caboose for my friend and the athearn crane for myself. I was going to put roofs on two DPM buildings but I only got one done and a did a little work on some transport trucks for the layouy, painting the wheels.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Glen... nice!

Is 3716 a 2-8-0 or 2-8-2? I can't see if there are trailing truck(s).

How have the forest fires of a few years ago impacted the tourist train? I seem to recall that they lost most or all of the major trestles on the line.

Great pictures too! That first one should go in the photo contest :cool: I'd vote for it ;) Got any more? :D

Andrew

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Wow a real smoker eh Glen. Nice paint job Tom. Well I did get one more level on my helix, boring stuff. One to go. I also worked on demolishing my old nolix. I am now in the planning stages of a new steel mill for the MAT. It is based on an excelleny article by Darius Chagnon in the January 1999 MR.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Let's see:
Nodda!!

Just ran some trains and picked up some cheap trains at the Flea Market. A Mehano SD40 that I'm going to dummitize & IHC cars that aren't bad and fix-upable.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!-
wave.gif

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
The engine is a 2-8-0. It was down in Vancouver for many years being used as the back-up engine for the Royal Hudson.
The Fires of two years ago took out all but 2 or three trestles in the Myra Canyon section. That section was abandoned by the CPR in the late seventies and the track was taken up from that area since then. This section of the Kettle valley route was abandoned in the early ninties and the track was left in place. The Fires had no effect on this area sine the fires were on the other side of Okanagan lake.
The smoke show was given before we boarded the train. The engine backed up around the corner and then came around the corner under full power. at that time the fireman threw a shovel of sand into the firebox whick traveled through and out the smokebox, cleaning the soot out as it went. That is the reason for the smoke show.
here's another picture of its smoke show:
agf.jpg

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Great pix Glen, you must have had a great day...

me I just winged it for saturday, and sunday I started to scratch a farm house to go with my barn.. not to pleased with the results, but at least it was a start... have a good one ..steve

b28_82

Jan 25, 2004
Midwest City, OK
www.geocities.com
Took a trip over to Pensacola and visited all the hobby shops with a couple people from the club. On the way I figured out how the GPS worked in the one guys van. Pretty cool!! It automatically adjusts the route if you decide to go on a street not originally in the route. During that I ended up buying a couple more N-scale AC4400CWs in CNW paint scheme. Now i'm up to 6 AC4400s and 2 SD70Ms flared as far as the newer Katos go.

I also added some track to my 1toNtrak module. And started putting a list together to order parts for a 5-times around circuit card assembly for the museum layout.