Its Monday 6-26-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by TomPM, Jun 26, 2006.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

The first weekend with no kids’ sports events and the weather turned it into a bust. With all the rain we stayed close to home and hit the malls and stores. While we were out I did pick-up four more of the HO scale cars at Wall-Mart. The kids had sleepovers. My daughter went to a friend’s house and my son had a friend over. My son’s friend was very interested in the layout so my son, his friend, and I had a short operating session.

On the workbench I had an OK weekend end. I assembled and weathered the Stewart CN hopper. I weathered the Athearn RTR Klemme covered hopper, Accurail CN boxcar, and a friend’s Accurail Virginian hopper. I also weathered my two Atlas Penn Central RS-11 locos and my P2K PRR PA1 and PB1 locos.
  2. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

I didn't finish my PC RS11, still working on the lighting.
    Can't wait to see your Atlas RS11s Tom.
  3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Started a new scrap load for the MYC gondolas I got recently... other than that - not much :mad:

4. Catt

Catt Guest

Got the short hood notched and the brakewheel installed in the HO SDP45.Got the N scale Intermountain hoppers repaired so that they won't derail all the time but now they waddle down the track :rolleyes:.Performed the same mods to my Roundhouse beercan tankers and they don't waddle :D .

I picked up my second undecorated Santa Fe style SD40-2 (N scale) and am very pleased with the way it runs (typically KATO performance).Now to just get up the nerve to take them apart for painting.