Its Monday 6-05-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
It was another weekend of rainouts for baseball and softball as both kids had games rained-out. We did the usual bi-weekly shopping trips. I also spent some time working around the yard.

On the modeling side of things I began to carve the stream wall. I also added more Sculptamold and contoured most of the ground around the stream and abandoned road.

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
I built an HO 25-ton GE locomotive kit and painted it the cheery robin's-egg blue of the prototype I am modeling. It runs acceptably well, the only hitch is that I need a pair of #711 couplers and I was unable to make it to the LHS in time. The kit itself went together pretty easily, although I'm not quite done with the detail parts yet--the coupler lift bars are sitting in a film can of Blacken-It and I still need to add a horn and bell. Once the details in place and I have couplers it will be time to add some grime and rust. Right now it looks very, very toylike in its coat of unblemished blue paint...

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I spent Friday sleeping off a case of very bad chinese food. Here's a tip, if you go to the cheapest chinese buffet in town, there's a really good reason it's the cheapest!
On Saturday there was an antique tractor, truck and gas engine show that I went to. saw some nice stuff there, especialy a gas powered log bucker saw from the 30's that was just begging to be modeled. I took some pictures of it for future reference.
Sunday I mowed the lawn, weeded the garden and washed the car.

I did get some model work in, I finished off my P2K mill gon, weathered in a light coat of rust dust, now i need some scrap to go in it.
I also assembled the walls of my DPM cafe and did some preliminary work on the interior. I fitted the floor and worked out a floor plan for the walls, lunch counter ect. Now I gotta figure out how to make the funiture like tables, chairs and stools.

C

Catt

Spent about a half hour workin on the 2TRAK layout,got one 70 tonner done cept for decals on the engineer side (probly later tonight).Got one of the PS2 hoppers fully decaled on one side and started on the other side.Looks good enough for pics.I really need to paint a backdrop for my HO/0n30 diorama,could use a few building flats too once there is a backdrop.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
We were blessed with perfect Summer days in the Twin Cities this weekend so it was hard to go down to the basement. I did take some more pictures of the layout as planned, however, and have started a file in The Gallery.
Ralph

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
Added the bridge and railroad crossings! My track is complete! Today my metal wheels arrived so I replaced them on my rolling stock. Now if only that lazy ebay person would hurry up and ship my power pack. Im chompin at the bit so bad im getting ready to run two wires from the layout and hook em up to the wall! (Just kidding)