Its Monday 5-30-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
I will get things rolling by saying...

Yay! The bathroom reno is done! :D :D :D

Also, I gave a presentation on turning your railfanning videos into DVD movies using your home computer. This was for one of the local clubs I belong to.

Andrew

hminky

I painted an OO Engineer Bill to better demonstrate modeling the 1870's in OO/HO.

4-4-0_bill.jpg

An "HO" IHC 4-4-0, really an OO/HO model on the former On30 Pacific Coast Air Line Railway.

Model the 1870's using OO/HO at:

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/1879/why/

Thank you if you visit and have a nice day
Harold

C

Catt

Well let's see ,I got one dumptruck done except for the mirrors.Got the wheels painted on the second one.

Decaled an ATLAS PINES 45' trailer for McCain frenchfries (also added a reefer unit and fuel tank.

Did some detail painting on a baker's dozen of 40&45' trailers.

Got very accurate measurements for the fashia for one of the 4' NTRAK corners and ran two trains on the TTRAK layout.

OOPS! Almost forgot,I got started on the prototype for the GVR's cumuter coaches.
Pictures to follow later.(I hope)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Been a very busy weekend. We worked around the house and did some running around. We cleaned the garage out and worked some more on the pool but it is too cool to go in. I spent Friday on the road for work looking at flood damaged roads and canals in Bucks County. That is why there was no Friday Weekend Post for me.

I finished decaling the Ralston-Jefferson hopper and ran some trains. I also tried to figure out what is wrong with the IHC camelback with no success.

Well this weekend still has one day to go. I hope to get some more modeling done.

I put this pics up on a post about LPBs, but it probably is better here.
I planned a nice long three day weekend of yardwork with a little trains, but had my daughter, son-in-law and four grandmonsters show up unannounced from out of town to spend all three days. So much for planning. Anyway, I did manage to lay these two poor souls to rest. They were a tad slower on the draw than the local marshal. A BIG thanks to Shaygetz for the photographer as well. :thumb:
Doc
adb.jpg

Ray Marinaccio

I finished a few locomotive projects this week end.
The first is the $5 Life/ Like chassis I bought.
The new axles came from L/L Saturday and I already have the GP7 drive fit into a shell I had kit-bashed a few years ago.
The GP9 is an AHM shell with an Athearn cab and Dynamic brake blister, Detail West fans, scratch-built walkways, pilots, steps and handrailings.

Attachments

• May30^04.JPG
    May30^04.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 23

Glen Haasdyk

I did the hardshell and rock casting on the club's scenry demonstration diorama. The mountian side that I was working on turned out to be steeper than I thought it was going to be so I ended up casting the cliff face much larger that originaly intended.
I also scratch-built : A bed, sofa, armchair, sales counters, bench, and small (crude) cash register for the interior of a shoe store/ apartment that the club had me working on.

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
No trains for me this weekend, I had to work saturday and sunday. After work on sunday we went down to my sister for a little get together she was having. Today we had a parade. Then i came home and took a nap, then off to my dad's grave to put flowers on it and then up to the grandparents for a couple of hours. Looks like everyone had a good weekend.

:wave:Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

I got a lot done on the three day weekend.
First I got the bridges build to go over the river.
im00511215az.jpg

im00510925ai.jpg

im0051248ip.jpg

Then I got the city block built and ready for the people to move in.
im0051294ei.jpg

im0051281yy.jpg

im0051162sj.jpg

I almost finished the roundhouses just need windows and doors and a little more painting.
im00511111kv.jpg

im00511029ox.jpg

im0051115jw.jpg

im00510911lu.jpg

I have cats that like to jump in to the layout when the trains are running. To keep them out I put a couple pieces of plywood over top while the trains are running. The christmas lights are to give the light that the lid blocks out. I do have plans to build a lid on hinges with plexglass and remove the christmas lights.

NYC-BKO

Well amongst all the hoopla of the weekend, I did manage to put together the 5 pack of hoppers. Still need P2K wheels as the LHS is out right now. The best thing was at the Flea Market on Sunday. A woman had a box of trains, it was a B-mann train set, EZ track, GP40 [ newer ] , 5 cars, power pack, 2 buildings & some other accesories, then there was this other loco in the box. I asked how much, she said $25.00, I looked at the other loco and it was a decoder equipped Atlas SD-35, only missing the end handrails. Didn't take me long to get the money out but keep a straight face. I don't think she knew what it was. Both locos run great and the figure 8 of track is now a test/break in track so I don't have to keep running down to the layout. Sometimes you just get lucky!

I did run trains alot!-
thumbsup.gif

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-
wave.gif

ausien

what!, is it monday already, gee where did the weekend go, come to think of it has anyone seen my missus anywhere? this darn exo layout is certinly cutting into family life, not to mention the social one...

suposed to be four of us working on this layout, so far its been done mostly by just 2 off us.. geoff, and yours truly, and I DONT MODLE HO..

well the station/town board is almost finnished, just the details to do like painting, planting the grass and trees and puting on the LPB..

Residents shall have thire houses built and in place in the near future(board 2)...

still no pix as yet (no time to take any)(and it helps if you rember the darn camra)...

Board three, is a planned farm and milk bottling plant.( factory is a revampt kit) hope it works out for us, keep your fingers crossed....

well that about all for now, better find the other half and take her out for a feed...have a good one..steve