Its Monday 5-09-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well Everyone the weekend is over. What did everyone get accomplished this weekend?

For me i didn't even get the chance to air brush my trains once again. Saturday was a busy day with cleaning the house up, getting things ready for my first job on sunday. Playing with my niece. So Saturday was out.

Sunday, I went to work at 2 p.m came home at 6 p.m. I didn't sleep at all saturday night so as soon as i got home i went to bed hopeing to get a few hours of sleep so now i am up for right now until i take a nap later today to catch up on some more sleep LOL :D

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Saturday turned out to be a complete wash-out as far as modeling was concerned. Friday night my wife broke the turn signal switch in the camaro so friday night I dissassembled the steering column and saturday a Friend and I went to a local Pick and Pull auto wrecker to get a new part, then I spent the rest of the morning rebuilding the steering column. the rest of saturday was spent running errands and getting the carport ready for it's roof to be replaced today.
Sunday I managed to work on the layout in the afternoon, since my wife was working. I build about 3 square feet of cliffs and mountins faces useing hydrocal plaster in latex rock molds in about 3 hours. I takes longer than I thought and you have to be on your toes since hydrocal sets up pretty quick. I also built-up an Athearn F-7 engine from spare parts for a friend who is just getting into the hobby and needs a reliable engine.
Finally we took my Mother-in-law out to dinner last night for mothers day.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
well friday I went and finished the bench work for the exibition layout,( thats boards 7&8 done), and geoff layed track, will work on it again thursday.

saturday compleated the asembley of the stone and gravel kit, and had visitors for the rest of the day.

sunday was mothers day, do you think my mother, or my wife would let me play trains? NO WAY. so that was my weekend, not to bad realy...have a good one..steve

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Wooo-hooo!

Did some railroadin' - finally... ;)

Finished adding weight to my Bachmann Spectrum Ten-wheeler's tender, and cleaned the track. Everything runs so much better now...! :D

Andrew

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Well, I didn't get my backdrops painted--but an old friend stopped by the garage sale, one of my old punk rock days buddies--a real hell-raiser, he used to play bass for my band until he decided to train-hop around the country for a few years. Recently he met the right girl, so to speak, settled down in my neighborhood, and has a new kid.

Apparently he has the train bug, too, and I did all I could to encourage him to try out the hobby (including giving him a fairly large stack of old MR's to check out.) With luck I'll get him hooked and we can work on each other's layouts.

I did get a chance to give a "spring cleaning" tune-up job to my locomotives.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
I didn't get squat done, had to work and other things!

I did manage to finish stripping the GP40 and priming and painting it, I am decaling it right now. Nothing else.-:(

I did run trains for a little bit.-:thumb:
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!-:wave:

Livesteam

Aug 26, 2004
I repainted a o scale car and today at work the person came in that i scracthed up one of his cars and he didnt say anything about the car so i think its all fixed, so i am happy about that