Its Monday 4-25-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well everyone the weekend is over. What did everyone get accomplished this weekend?

Well I didn't do anything as I said I was going to do on friday. My mom came in so i spent some time with her since i don't see her that much. Then when i wasn't spending time with her, i was sitting around resting. All day sunday i sat around and watched it snow :( . How interesting huh? LOL :D

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

I got most of the basement cleared out. That took most of the weekend to do. I did get a little bit of time to work on the model roller coaster that I started last weekend. I got a little more done.
im00462112gg.jpg

im00462116ri.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Trains1972
The roller coaster looks awesome! What scale is it?

We had another busy weekend around the old homestead. We played one Little League game on Saturday and the second one on Sunday was canceled due to damage to the field from the storms on Saturday night. We also did the biweekly shopping trips.

On Friday on the way home from a project site I got to stop in a hobby shop near the project site. I found myself in detail heaven! I dropped close to $60.00 on detail parts for the Passenger Station Diorama and Farm House Diorama (just beginning). Whenever I am up that way I’ll have to stop in. Outside the shop I caught this at the Quakertown station:

bdb.jpg

As far as modeling goes I finally made the coal load for the Stewart PRR hopper. This means all by currently built hoppers have loads. I have about 10 unbuilt hopper kits on the bench. On the Passenger Station Diorama I laid the trolley track and bridge. I weathered the track. I also did some more weathering of the roadway.

Glen Haasdyk

I built the fence to keep the dogs out of my Garden on Saturday. On sunday I went to the flea market and picked up a next-to-new dustbuster for cheap. Now I won't be using my wifes expensive hoover vacum to clean up my construction messes.
Modeling-wise I started and almost finished the senery forms on the logging section. hopefully soon I can start slinging hydrccal and rock molds.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Had a great weekend. Had some friends come over from California and we played about 18 hours of poker. Yeah, I won big time, had a streak of good hands that you wouldn't believe, didn't even have to bluff. :thumb::thumb:

Oh, what did I do on my layout? While I was waiting for the guys to get here, I started working on an area I need to finish up in order to get a pic to submit for this month's photo contest.

Just a reminder folks, the contest ends the end of this week, so get with it. You're right, I'd better get with it as well or I'm not gunna have a picture to submit. Sheeze...:eek:ops::eek:ops:

jasbourre

Saturday I did the same as ezdays but only about 5 hours and I was the big winner also.
Sunday I made more plans on the layout, whet ever happens it always ends up the same way as my first plan ever. One day I'll have a plan I will use, I hope!!!

Have a good week all.

Honger

I've got benchwork and subroadbed! Woohoo! I've even got some roadbed glued down. The completed section with turntable is from years ago and unfortunately some of it has to be torn up before I'm finished with it. But still, I'm a lot further than a few days ago... when I just had an empty corner in a spare bedroom.
thumbsup.gif

Layout2web.jpg

NYC-BKO

Well let's see:

I built a P2K box car only to find it roofwalkless when I got to the step, oh well, and then built my second P2K tank, this went together alot easier than the first and no lost parts this time. Pondered a layout expansion and possibly some scenery, yes, the unscenicked RR might get some-
eek.gif

I ran alot of trains too, since the weather was not very nice around here, did alot of consist changes finding out what runs with what!-
thumbsup.gif

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-
wave.gif

ausien

Well you lot certinly had a productive weekend, great work guys, we have had a three day weekend here in oz as it was "ANZAC DAY" but I will take you through my weekend.

Saterday, I actully cleaned up the Feather River, removed all the tools,clutter from the layout,and the boss even swept the floor for me,( a rear treat for me)she usualy toss a broom in my dirrection, as a hint..I then ran trains for a bit, and did some work on the quarrie aerea...

Sunday, went to a friend place for a while, came home and chatted with some of you in the chatroom,(was in rather a silly mood) my apoliges if I upset anyone, left to press my uniform and polish the brass.went to bed 9.30pm...

Monday, 2am rise, shower and a squeze into my uniform,( the dry cleaners shrunk it again), started to meet the guys from the 3rd sig /22nd field artillary 2nd div(there were 80 in my unit in Nam, now the numbers have reduced to 27 (9 were killed in action, 71 returned, 44 have died one way or another since our return in 72.) at 3.30am. told the usual old jokes,lies,ect.. had breakfast, and assembled in foramtion at 4.45 and marched with ever widening gaps in the ranks, to the cemataph, and the dawn service.. returned to the sargents mess at the barracks, and got into a jar or two, and at 8.00 we had the RUM toast to our fallen commrades.(8.00am was the time of our demod/discharge from the army) we then went to the city to march in the sydney formation.

At about 12.30 we all went to lunch and then we proceded to drink more than was good for us till 10.00 pm when we put each other into cabs and went home, it sure was good to catch up with thoese blokes once again..( my son poored me into the car and took me home as he always does)..
some time later I went through the gauge post, but was not in any condition to post my self...

Well that was my weekend, not the most productive,and not the best I have had, but it was not one of the worst that I have had either..... sorry for rabbiting on here but thanks anyway......have a good one...steve

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
If it wasn't for guys like you Steve, doing what you and your teams did for us and giving up their lives to keep us free, we may not have the life that we do have so a BIG thanks to you.

seanm

Got most of the sub roadbed and cork on the upper level of the new TBA Railway!! I still have a few sidings to put in, but the bulk is done. I think in a matter of a couple of weeks I will have track on the upper level and will be able to run trains all over the place.

One thing I have discovered is the space my RR is in is very hard to photograph as a whole. I can't get back far enough to capture the entire thing. Here are a couple of pictures.. mess and all!

p4240001.med.JPG

p4240003.med.JPG

p4240002.med.JPG