Its Monday 4-11-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
The weekend is over and the start of a new week is here. What did everyone get accomplished this weekend?

For me, well i did plan to get my hopper cars painted but i had to work saturday. After i got done i went up to a friends house, cut up a tree that fell down. Then the pager went off so me and my brother had to hurry up and get home for a brush fire and when i got home we worked outside building a little brick patio.

Sunday, well i don't know where to start. Had to take our rescue up to a fire school class that was being held in a town 5-8 miles away from Portage, Pa. Was going fine, till the tones dropped and we had a vehicle accident w/entrapment. After we got back from there we went back up the the fire school class, then after about 2 more hours of being there we all came back and went home. I of course sat down and fell asleep, only to be awaken by the babysitter saying get down to the firehall there is a brush fire up on the NS Main Line. Went and put that out and came home, so now i am resting. So this weekend was shot for me, cause i barely got to sit down for anything. I also got sun burnt this weekend too. Not bad but just enough to make it hurt. :cry:

:wave: Hope Everyone Has A Safe & Wonderful Week :wave:

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I got my TT and loco service area wired and operating.
I also put down the ground cover and ballast in that area.
Didn't get the barn stocked with hay as the weather was uncooperative. It snowed here Saturday. We did manage to haul 1000 gallons of water up the mountain Sunday.

trains1972

Sep 1, 2004
philadelphia, pa
pg.photos.yahoo.com
I started on a scene for my unusuall layout. I almost got the scene finished before the weekend was over. Here is a picture of that scene.

im004534edited1bc.jpg

I still have to add balast to the track, a bridge & tresles, trees, animals, and the hobos.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yeah, I finally got started building that electrical sub-station necessary to provide the LPB's of Santa Maria Valley with enough power so they can attract some needed occupants to the yet unfinished industrial area. :D:D:D:D First things first ya know...:wave::wave:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We started off the weekend with my son’s Little League pictures and then some grocery shopping. Sunday was my daughter’s team’s turn with the pictures and more grocery shopping. We did, however, take the train into Philadelphia to buy our Amtrak tickets for our vacation to Florida this July. Every time I enter 30th Street Station I am still awed by the place.

I added another layer of Realistic Water to the stream on the Passenger Station Diorama. I also painted the retaining wall for the highway bridge approach. I finished weathering my hopper fleet and worked on upgrading an LNE boxcar.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I built the backdrop to the layout and loosly assembled it. It still has to be painted and the wife tells me I am no longer allowed to pilfer the spare blue house paint si I'll have to go and buy my own. I think I'll paint the backdrop, them permantly attach it to the layout.
I also worked out the track plan for my Narrow gauge loging road and cut out the roadbed, next it's a task of attaching risers to the existing benchwork.

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Well I got the mini layout built,the trackwork in and wired,all connections soldered and ran an RS3 through its paces.All in all,i managed to get everything i wanted to done accept my taxes :cry:
Have a great week all, I am outa town till Friday!!!

francismaximus

Jan 9, 2005
Harriman, NY
I feel as if I have "cheated" on all my railroad buddys. I but I have had to forgo the greatest hobby to work on the second greatest hobby. My harley. So since this is the guage and not "milwaukee iron" I wont tell you how I cleaned the bike and went to a swap meet this weekend. Oops. No pics I promise.

Wabash Banks

Mar 11, 2005
Indiana
I thought I was going to be busy Friday night but ended up able to do a little modeling. I got a grain elevator structure all cut out. Saturday afternoon and evening I managed to get the elevator sprayed (it is made out of cereal board) after scribbing all the boards in. I painted it, and then built the roof. The upper portion of the elevator still has to be sprayed and painted, but I did get it's roof done. I was able to split the thickness of the cereal box into thirds which provided just the right thickness for the over lapping joins in the steel roof. I was able to weather the structure using chalks. The paint I used is REALLY old acrylic paint that has dried globs in it. Absolutely awful stuff! It does however make incredible whitewash. After painting it looks like nearly worn off paint. Since the structure sits right next to the track and is a steam era layout the track side is pretty sooty. The other side isn't much better as there is vehicle traffic right next tot he area. The soot over the paint looks great so I was pleased. My foil roof was less great but still worked well. I learned the value of heavy duty aluminum foilf versus the regular stuff. The strips did give the overlap look and all was okay, it just has some wrinkles in it that I still have to smooth out.

Sunday I didn't do anything at all.

Honger

Apr 7, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
I spent the weekend productive on non-hobby stuff, but finished with some small progress on the layout. I'm using pink, extruded foam as my base for the layout and I slapped on some brown latex paint to hide the pink... will make scenickin' easier down the road as I won't have to worry about hiding pink underneath everything! I also bought some Code 83 flex track for the mainline and Code 100 for the hidden staging last week... so not technically this weekend. I also did some MR reading as my May issue arrived (since I just resubscribed).
Joel

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Very little this weekend.

I scratch/bashed a signal out of parts I had lying around ( non operating ) and ran the trains some. That is it!! Oh the joys of spring, and yard work.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!-
wave.gif

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Well as I stated on Friday, I put up beds, got the bedroom kid proofed,and equiped (TV.VIDIEO and cable) and picked up the ankle biters on sunday.:cry: .. but I did manage to run trans on there dads layout for an hour or so.:D
And I did find out that yes, you do have to feed them, :rolleyes: and take out a second morgauge, to entertain them.;) ..glad I had my kids years, and years ago.:D :D :D :D ..have a good one.. steve

C

Catt

Well let's see,I got the KCC units all decaled,and finished the other MC&M unit tonight.

I gave the SOO SD60s a good run on the TTRAK layout saturday night pulling about 30 cars.

Didn't do a darn thing to the home layout ,the NTRAK layout or my smaller home layout.

Hope Y'all have a great week,me I'm gonna work myself to death (but I'll have the most toys :D :D :D )