Its Monday 4-04-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Chessie6459, Apr 4, 2005.

  1. Chessie6459

    Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

    The weekend is over. What did everyone get accomplished this weekend?

    Well i didn't get the chance to work on my trains as i had planned to. Saturday it rained all day and then saturday night it all turned to snow. Sunday it snowed all day. We got about 4 inches where i live and everywhere else around me almost got 7 inches of snow. I thought this was supposed to be spring not winter LOL. :D :D

    :wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:
  2. trains1972

    trains1972 Member

    I got a lot of work on the layout this weekend. My sons and I were able to get that last 4 levels of track put in place about 780 pieces of flex track. The way the layout was built was the main line was worked on from both directions. We were happy when the mainline finally met at the top. We can now run trains continuous without having to take the train off track to turn it around. There is a total of 18 scaled miles of track just for the main line.
  3. TomPM

    TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

    We spent Saturday trying to stay dry. I haven’t seen that much rain in a long time. Our fish pond overflowed for the first time. It is 13 years old. It didn’t do that even in Floyd or Ivan. We got some water in the basement. It was nothing out of the ordinary and nothing was damaged since everything is off the floor. I spent Sunday, my birthday, scrubbing the floor so the basement would not smell like an old sneaker.

    I did manage to get a little modeling in. I dammed the stream on the Passenger Station Diorama and poured some Realistic Water. I also continued building up the highway bridge approach.
  4. Glen Haasdyk

    Glen Haasdyk Active Member

    Monday sure came fast, that could be because I was called in to work on saturday, worked 6 hours then came home and worked on the car for another three. So tired Saturday night that I was in bed by 8:30.
    Sunday I managed to do a little modeling. I painted all the roof vents and hatches for the warehouse and started work on repainting three trucks that I bought used at a swap meet. I also went to the hobby shop to pick up some styrene strip and found a whole lot of used MR magazines, dating back to the early eighties, ended up buying ten or so of those,.
  5. Wabash Banks

    Wabash Banks Member

    I finished the mockup of the grain elevator/feed, hardware,lumber,coal shop that I am making. I didn't get to lay any track like I had hoped, but with the mockup done I can start building the real structure.
  6. J&A_RR

    J&A_RR Member

    in between yard work(weather was perfect) I added six inches to the layout to fit more scenery on. now we have a 4'X8'6". movin' on up:D
    put down some white styrofoam on the new addition and painted on a base coat last night. ground cover and tress are next, hopefully tonight.
  7. seanm

    seanm Member

    Trains 1972... That is quite an acomplishment and a LOT of track!! I am sort of confused by the layout though. I can't seem to imagine the trackplan. Is it exssentially a giant helix or to the trains exit the scene at each end and turn around and rise a level and come back?

    I did some work on my layout this weeks, but it was all minor stuff... hooped up some feeders, filled in some ties where the flex track joined and did some track troubleshooting where I had a couple of problems. I will be starting the second level soon!!
  8. ross31r

    ross31r Member

    well i brought the lumber to finally start work on the East Surrey Traction Company and built my first board. Now got to purchase the Orr tracks!
  9. Bikerdad

    Bikerdad Member

    Did my first two Micro-trains 1128/MT-7(?) conversions, on a pair of Kato Budd Business Cars. One is working very well, the other is "stiff." I mashed and boogeredup the spring, but it still works, so I won't worry too much about it for now. Repaired a blown Accumate coupler (just a little touch of the toasty soldering iron and voila, stays together now!), and replaced a pair of Unimate trucks on a DI/GHQ flatcar. I also started to install the detail parts on the Business Cars, but found that some wire bits would be real handy. Searched for them locally, no luck! grrr... I'll finally be placing an order with Micro-Mark today. The Budd's went back into their boxes to await its arrival.

    Also assembled and ran three Atlas Articulated Auto-Carriers, after having threading adventures with them. Spent most of Sunday ootandaboot, acquiring necessary stuff, including a means of storing the boxles cars that I've acquired, as well as the Autoracks. I think I may be onto something, could be a business opportunity in it.

    Finally, did NOT get to the decoder installation on a disassembled Connie that's been waiting for about a month now! grrr...
  10. NYC-BKO

    NYC-BKO Member

    Well I didn't get too much done this weekend, finished the Athearn 4 bay to 3 bay LO and painted it, started decaling it and am still working on decaling it.

    I did run trains alot, so I did do something constructive.

    Hope everyone had a great weekend!!-[​IMG]
  11. Ray Marinaccio

    Ray Marinaccio Active Member

    I got my turntable mounted on the layout and started laying the track to it.
    Also fixed some fences so we could let the horses graze in our lower field.
  12. ausien

    ausien Active Member

    As I said on friday, all I intended to do was run trains, for hours, and hours, and hours, at a friends place... well I arived there friday night, drained a few tinnies, and went to bed about midnight. Saturday, went to run trains, and then the bomb shell was droped, IF YOU TWO WANT TO PLAY TRAINS, LIKE A COUPLE OF KIDS, FIRST GET THE BACKYARD CLEANED UP... my mates wife`s words, errrr orders. so we cleaned up the back yard... took us nearly 4 hours, and only stopped for lunch. after lunch we sneeked into the train room and ran them trains.... the yard was not quite finnished, but we got away with it...yaaaaaa.
    Sunday we excused our selves at breakfast, and went into the train room for more fun time, and we did, by the afternoon we had three of the neibours in playing huh, running train, I left to return home about 10.00pm sunday night. and I had a BALL...have a good one..steve

Share This Page