Its Monday 4-03-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by TomPM, Apr 3, 2006.

  1. TomPM

    TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

    We had a busy weekend with my daughter’s Gala concert performance on Saturday. We spent most of Sunday looking for Easter outfits for the kids. However, the wife and kids did have to get some birthday shopping in for me which meant a trip to the LHS. I find out later today what they got me.

    Not much happened on the modeling front. I did get the Atlas ARHS hoppers sealed. I also stopped at Wal-mart and picked up a half dozen of the Classic car aka Model Power cars.
  2. Glen Haasdyk

    Glen Haasdyk Active Member

    I spent most of Saturday working on my mine structure, finally finishing it off with the addition of roof details and a scratchbuilt ladder on the side. After that I turned my attention to 2 engines that my club gave me to work on and paint. I'm building a CNR SW1200rs from an athearn SW7. I added the extended range fuel tanks and the number boards and I removed the original exhaust stacks to replace them with the spark arrestors. I also painted the frame and truck sideframes flat black. After that I woked on the Club's GP-7 (another athearn unit) I removed the steam generators, cast on grab irons, and filled the original horn mounting holes. I've also drilled new munting holes for grab irons and spark arrestors.

    Sunday I got another phone call from a fellow club member to pick up more model railroad magazines. I probably picked up close to 2000 Modelrailroaders, Railroad model craftsman and model railroading magazines. I spent the rest of the day sorting and cataloguing them all. When it was all said and done I've still got well over 1000 that I have to pass on. Now I need storage boxes!
  3. ezdays

    ezdays Out AZ way

    Got a bit done, replace one bridge and reworked the rails over it and am in the process of reworking a second one. I've got a lot of rework to do on my older tracks, and still haven't gotten around to testing the trackwork on my new section.

    I spent most of yesterday putting up some halogen light fixtures in the kitchen. Look good, work fine, I just wish I could say the same about myself. Reaching and stretching and about 100 trips up and down the ladder have taken their toll. Growing old is not for the faint of heart...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  4. jetrock

    jetrock Member

    I turned in my book manuscript on Friday, and celebrated Saturday by running some trains! I have my fourth module section (that I actually built first but that's another story) temporarily set up so I can run trains a maximum distance of 24 feet point-to-point, and decided to see how many cars I could pull around and still have room to move. I used my blue-box Western Pacific Geep to haul a drag of 20 or so cars out of the yard, then parked it on a siding and had my 44-tonners sort them out a few cars at a time and drag them back to the yard. I didn't actually get any modeling done, but a nice off-the-cuff op session is just what I needed after writing about trains...I'll build something once my brain can focus again. Or maybe I'll do my taxes first.
  5. farmer ron

    farmer ron Member

    Didn't get anything done on the layout this weekend, was away all weekend riding horses, although did get some time to do some thinking and planning, off today and tomorrow so have to do a little house work and cleaning stuff then its to the trains....have a good week everyone...Ron..
  6. Drew1125

    Drew1125 Active Member

    I'm still working on my steam engine kitbash...
    It's totally a trial & error project (with lots of both :curse: :rolleyes: )
    I may have to take a break from it this week & actually work on the layout for a change! :rolleyes: :D
  7. shaygetz

    shaygetz Active Member

    ...recuverim fum a berry nassy ed code...yyyaAAAAhhhheeeeessshhhoooo:rolleyes:
  8. Chessie6459

    Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

    Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend.:D
  9. Evan

    Evan Member


    Thought I'd join in. I'm making a Ntrak module. A friend had made the wood main form, but got bored so never finished the scenery. I took it over. It's a largish river running through a module. River gap about 1.5' wide.

    The river banks very vertical wood pieces about 4 inches high. So, stuck pieces of foam down on Saturday. Waited for glue to dry. Sunday weather here was fantastic, so shaped foam, put some cretestone into the gaps (cretestone is a make of crack filler we have here). Put all in the sun to dry. Last night painted brown, added first batch of flock. Will take pictures tonight to show off. :)

    (Yes, it's my first Ntrak module, so really proud). :)

Share This Page