Its MONDAY 3-7-05, weekend modeling accomplishments!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well everyone the weekend is over. What did everyone get accomplished this weekend?

Well for me I just sat around on friday night, saturday, i cleaned my room up and cleaned my display case out and left my dad's N Scale trains in there, my WWII ships in there. Sunday didn't do anything.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

Bikerpete

Feb 27, 2005
Calgary
Not too much....cleaned up the work-shop and computer corner, laid another switch on the closet layout, picked up some couplers and sundry other supplies at the hobby shop, and then droolled over some really expensive woodworking and metalworking equipment at the hardware store...some day...some day!

PB

trains1972

Sep 1, 2004
philadelphia, pa
pg.photos.yahoo.com
I got a lot of work done on Saturday on my layout. I got a couple of levels of track up and running. I am up to putting track down on the third level and the plywood leading up to the fourth level. My son started dry fitting the scenery he is making the scenery to be able to come out in case I have to get to the tracks hidden behind the scenery. I already put pictures of it under the photography section under unusual layout.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
I managed to finish the town newspaper office and also added piles and pile cap footings to a trestle I made earler.
Doc

Attachments

• P1000580.jpg
    P1000580.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 115
  • trestle.jpg
    trestle.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 116

francismaximus

Jan 9, 2005
Harriman, NY
put more wild field growth on the layout and body mount a kadee coupler on an old tyco car.

Attachments

• Mar 2005 007.jpg
    Mar 2005 007.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Mar 2005 010.jpg
    Mar 2005 010.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 111

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I assembled and painted DPM buildings. I added the roof to my theatre. I'm making one big building on the waterfront out of DPM modular peices which means there are at least 20 parts to each wall. so I was basically waiting for glue to set before I could carry on. I also painted the walls and windows to two other buildings that I'll be working on.
Oh yeah, love that trestle Doc.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Doc
Great job on the newspaper office and bridge!

francismaximus
Nice looking scereny. I have the same car and one day I keep saying I will upgrade it. Looks good!

Had a busy weekend but I managed to get a few modeling thing s done. My Saturday started with my son’s indoor soccer game. We then hit the sporting goods store for some new baseball equipment. The kids seem to outgrow everything every year and despite the two year difference in age, their shoe sizes are the same. Then I attended outdoor softball tryouts for 9 and 10 year olds as a manager, while my daughter went to a birthday pool party and my wife and son went shopping for a birthday gift for one of his friends. Getting all this running done was great because it meant that I had modeling time! Sunday I did have to take my daughter to try-outs and stick around while she went her basketball game. Of course I froze my fingers off both days writing notes.

For modeling I got the highway bridge for the Passenger Station Diorama assembled and weathered. I also weathered the highway bridge pier. I am not totally happy with the way the pier came out, however. I took a bunch of pictures of trains on the Water Tower Diorama. A couple of samples:

abg.jpg

abo.jpg

Here is the highway bridge before weathering.

act.jpg

I also cleaned up the work bench some and organized my rolling stock (aka put back in the right places).

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
I had no time for modeling, but I visited a model flea market.

I found a Monogram Big Boy kit (static styrene model) plus a bunch of 10 bags of Clover House dry transfer lettering and alphabet sets in various sizes - all together for 15 Swiss Francs (about $12)!

I was looking for that kit for years, so I had a G-O-O-D Sunday! :thumb: :) :)

Ron

Bikerdad

Oct 17, 2003
Southwestern US
Visit site
Broke down and bought my son a small compressor and airline filter for his airbrush, as well as a filter for my compressor and airbrush. Stopped at the hobby shop looking for some bridge abutments for a small OneTrack module, no luck. Installed MT couplers on the tenders of two Bachmann Spectrum Connies and one Spectrum Mountain. Crimped and soldered up the main bus for the OneTrack module.

Planned but not accomplished: decoder installation in the two Connies.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Well, got the C&BT box finished up Saturday, then worked on the Bowser LO and finished it up Sunday, it needed an .010 washer to keep the wheels from hitting the car, now it rolls like its on ice.
Went to the LHS on Sunday for couplers and some odd stuff, what illness do I have that I just can't leave there without a car or two, plus an engine, whew!!

Trains were run without a derailment - :thumb:

Hope everyone had a great modeling weekend !! -:wave:

revandy

Nov 2, 2004
Cumberland RI
re-organized the workbench, labelled all the parts draws, culled out alot of old stock, and Ripped out half the track on the existing benchwork, salvaged a good part of it, hope to get more done this coming weekend. Not a bad weekend on a whole.
Rev. Andy

Livesteam

Aug 26, 2004
I raced my R/C cars and in the top final race i was leading and sandbagged to let my Boss win, i dont think some of the other racers liked it but ,too bad i was just haveing fun .

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Wow, beautiful work folks!!!

I got my lower track finished all but for one turnout, which I will need to buy later this week. I think they're actually getting sick of me at the LHS - I'm in there so often!!

Val

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I set some structures on the layout to get a game plan as to how the engine service facility will laid out and tinkered with an old Bachmann 0-6-0.

Attachments

• Mar04^21.JPG
    Mar04^21.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 34

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
hi everyone, haveagoodwigend I hope, well what did I do this week end... friday, ran trains, saturday ran trains, and oh, yes sunday ran trains, on my friends revamped layout, we were running on this layout for about 15 yrs, it started as a 12x4 L shaped layout and has seen three homes in that time.
it is currently residing in its own 6.8mtrx5.5mtr building and has two peninsulars as well as runs around the four walls, you could say it has grown a little over the years, i realy had a ball this weekend reviving my mates layout the new bits will take a while to get used to but that the fun of modle train modeling, isnt it?... have a good one ..steve