Its Monday 3-28-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Late today with getting this started. That is what happen when you take the day off from work.

I had a good modeling weekend. I finished the Lehigh and New England U23B and I weathered an Athearn Penn Central U33C. I also began working on the underside of the trolley bridge for the Passenger Station Diorama.

hminky

Oct 13, 2004
Just finished most of the scenery on the next quadrant of the 4x8

overall_3-25.jpg

Have to replace the green temporary bushes with finals and it will be 80% sceniced. Will start on the stockpen for the forground this week.

Harold

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
Harold, Lookin' real good!

I started my first attempt at painting the brickwork on a WS Rocky's Tavern. I say first attempt because it looks like $0@*?% and I'm sure it will take several more attempts to get something even passable.
Doc

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Didn't get as much done as I had hoped, but I did do something. Worked on the Tichy gon, completed it all but the piping, I'll leave that for another time just didn't feel like bending wire, it is in service though and looks great. I leave the instructions a little bit to be desired but that's what kits are for, learn, next seven will be done different. Passed on the P2K box car as the roadname I have needs the sidesill modified, even though they have it marked I just didn't fell like slicing and dicing. Started the Athearn 4 bay to 3 bay bash of the covered hopper, glued the weight to the floor as this will keep the floor length while I hack the bays out, also gluing a piece of brass angle to the weight side snug against the bays so I have something to glue the bay back onto and keep it level. That's all

I did run trains some, mainly Sunday morn!!

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend!!-
wave.gif

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I put the loading dock on my DPM warehouse and assembled the walls for the Harlee and son cycle shop so I could posision it on the layout and get and idea of the space I have to work with. Yesterday afternoon I measured out the road/parkinglot/any other ashpalted area and cut out the 1/8" road board for it. Now it's just waiting for some color.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Well this weekend was a wash out for me, as we had the grandkids over and they wouldnt go home, hehehe, they ran my trains and left the all over the layout,( they like to shunt, and leave trucks in all the industries for me to collect when they`ve gone..I did manage to chat to some gaugers in the chat room though, so was not a complete loss...hope everyone had a great easter breake....have a good one..steve

toolman

Mar 23, 2005
east brunswick nj
I work on the weekends, but I manage to make la practice track with road bed and try the different methods of ballasting and find the one I feel comfortable with.
I have lot of brass snap track and can get all of scrape 2 x 4's I need and practice.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Ripped decals...Paint that ran and orange peeled...Cut my finger with the Xacto blade...Ran a prized loco off the end of the layout.....
Other than that...I had a good modeling weekend!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Ed , sounds like you should have stayed in bed.
I really like the scenery you have there Harold, Nicely done.
I did get some ballasting done on the Georgetown sub but still have about 40% still to do.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I rebuilt a pair of Lionel #242 "Scout" locos I picked up at the last show for $5 for the pair.
I also made a little more progress on the turntable project.

Attachments

• Mar26^15.JPG
    Mar26^15.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 35