Its Monday 3-13-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I had a good weekend modeling. I finished weathering the three 50’ gondolas. I also weathered five locomotives while I was at. I had a near disaster as one my Atlas S-2 switchers ran through/over a barricade while we testing clearances. Before my son or I could get to it or the power pack the loco went off the layout and crashed to the concrete floor. Mechanically the loco is in good shape. Body damage was the cab broke off. A little patience, some glue, and some weathering and everything is fine. Test ran the loco and there are no noticeable problems.

I am waiting for the big brown truck to come today. He will be dropping off four Atlas 23,500 gallon tank cars.

C

Catt

The only thing I got done was gluing the front and rear steps to the Walthers modular building,and the installation of some Intermountain wheelsets in several of my Micro-Trains equipt cars.

We did buy a new Sony Cyber-Shot camera friday so with a little luck y'all will be seeing more pics from me.

Pooh Bah
We started work on converting my wife's layout (the Lionel) from the winter scene to a summer one. removed all the buildings and track and painted the thing green. Next step is ground foam.

Then we have to come up with structures and more scenery.

Anyone have a lead on any O scale buildings in needlepoint?

CPR9100

I hate to hear your engine crashed tom, you will get her fixed and back on the tracks soon.
I'am working on a 72' center beam lumber car with load on it i'am putting cables on it now
what a nightmare, just over 108 inches of cable on it LOL. OH yes HO scale here.

Take care and happy model railroading to you all.

Stevetrain97
Blind Bay BC. Canada

L

lester perry

I ran trains. 2 mixed frieghts into Clifton Forge Va. One from Russel Ky. The other from Newport News Va. Broke them down and sent out one train to Baltimore Md.
Les

Glen Haasdyk

Well I managed to get the mine walls all completed and assembled. I added the windows and doors All it needs now is a roof and some supports for the track overhang. I also poured the foundation pad for the mine and 'adjusted' some of the landscape around the mine area.
On Saturday I found an old Ambroid Boxcar kit in the local hobby shop. Now I'm wondering if i should build it or re-sell it, considering its age and possible collector status.

Didn't get anything done on the layout this weekend, weather too nice, spent it pulling out blackberries, it is supose to rain during the week so if that is the case will get down to the layout tues or wed, have about a 3 ft length of track to handlay then all the track is down for the main part of the layout. Will start wiring it then will hopefully have something running. Have room to add an extention 5 ft X 30 inches that leads to the bridge accross the patio door, have the wood cut so will put it up and decide on what track and switches I will require to put down there..Ron..

viperman

I fixed about 8 old frieght cars (most had damage to the couples and/or trucks). Also fixed one loco that was not running (wire connections came un-done), moved a small stretch of track to eliminate an s-curve, removed the start of one mountain, and started building on to the base of another. Last but not least, I also added switches to wire up all my turnouts