Its Monday 3-06-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
We did the full gamete of sports this weekend. We had indoor soccer, softball try-outs, and a basketball game. Along with that I put the finishing touches on my son’s pinewood derby car. All I need to do now is attach the wheels.

Modeling wise I got some more work done on the layout. I glued down some track and began playing with another possible industry service. I also began weathering the 8 two-bay hoppers that I have been working on. I even ran a few more test trains over the layout this weekend.

lionelfan

Did not get any layout work done, but decided to take advantage of a sunny Saturday and do a little railfanning at Berea Oh. Got some good shots of foreign power ( a couple CP Rail, and a Santa Fe in the yellow/blue paint scheme) Also am amazed at the number of new BNSF pumpkin units on CSX ( I am assuming these are headed for delivery to BNSF from GE in Erie PA) I saw four on one train and 3 on another in about 1 hours time. Ran into some old friends and in all had a great time. Can't wait for warm weather!

ezdays

Out AZ way
No, I did not go to that train show on Saturday. TrainNut told me he'd been to that one and it wasn't worth the time or admission fee. I spent the time finishing up my "layout party" project. Got lots of details finished and got my street lighting in and temporarily wired up. All the building lights are in and I need to wire them to a terminal block yet, that should complete the project. :thumb:

Time to take pictures...:D

N

nachoman

let see, I gave a boxcab a pint job. I added a few details and adjusted the coupled height on a gondola. I disassembled and lubed up an atlas turntable and worked on detailing the turntable deck.

kevin

Gary S.

I spent the entire weekend building a removable bridge that will be used to cross a 3 foot door. I used a 48" piece of "unistrut" which is 7/8" deep and around 1-1/8" wide as the "superstructure" because the bridge spans the entire 4 feet without any support. On top of the unistrut, I placed 3 Atlas girder bridges and a Walthers Truss bridge kit, with 2 Atlas truss bridge floor sections to make the whole thing work. I think the whole thing turned out pretty darned good for a beginner. The weathering turned out nicely, hopefully it will show up on the photos I will post tonight.

oldtanker

With a birthday for my 3 yo grandson not much. I did get to the Hobby Hut in Fargo ND and picked up several Cat vehicles, a couple of flat cars (Bachmann silver series), some Kadee #58 couplers and a Bachmann DCC setup & a dcc board for an engine! I did convert one car to the Kadee couplers (1st time for me just to see what was involved). Then I blew mt knee out so I'm kinda stuck with doing nothing for a few days till I can walk again. But then thats ok....cause everyday is Saterday to me!

jlg759

Got some disassembly of the old layout 1/2 complete. Was able to con my wife into drawing up a scale plan for the new layout. I have a few issues to fine detail on it then I will be off to the races building my new layout. I will be posting some more info later.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Finished painting and started to decal(no race this weekend) my tank car for my biofuels company. Made some decals for it that I saw in some pics of modern tank cars. Microscale didn't have them.

Raistlin

I made some rocks out of plaster for my cliff faces and 'sticking out of the ground' rocks. Then painted them, and sealed them.

I will post pictures of them later in my Double J&B Railroad thread.

C

Catt

Most of what I got done is in my "party thread" in the photo forum.What isn't in there is my Hallmark church and my Walthers modular building.

I also replaced some pizza cutters with IM metal wheelsets.

Glen Haasdyk

I spent most of the weekend trying to get over a bad cold. My club had a show and swap meet on Saturday but I couldn't go and being sick I didn't feel much like doing any model work. I did manage to get the walls together for my mine project but that was about it. The rest of the time was spent either sleeping or lying on the couch in front of the TV.