Its MONDAY 2-28-05, weekend modeling accomplishments!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well the weekend is over and this is the last day of the month. What did everyone get accomplished this weekend?

I got no modeling done due to the fact we got hit with three snow storms this weekend. Did alot of shoveling and now we are getting more after midnight tonight, so looks like i will be shoveling more snow today. I am getting sick of looking at the white fluffy stuff :( . Wish spring would get here soon. :D :D

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

Bikerdad

Oct 17, 2003
Southwestern US
Visit site
FIRST MT Coupler installation on a locomotive.

FIRST Steam locomotive disassembly.

FIRST Steam locomotive reassembly. :thumb:

FIRST Wired decoder installation.

FIRST decoder installation in a steam locomotive. :thumb:

FIRST LED removal.

I installed a DZ123 into one of my Bachmann Spectrum Connies, and replaced the Rapido on the tender with a MT coupler. I also installed a DN163K0A decoder into one of my D&H PA1s, an undertaking that required the removal of the rear LED.

The two locos are busy circling in opposite directions right now.
WOOOOHOO!

Well, its late and . :wave: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

trains1972

Sep 1, 2004
philadelphia, pa
pg.photos.yahoo.com
I did get done a lot this weekend. I got the benchwork finihsed and seven risers in place. I also got some track laid down and some trains running smothly over the tracks.
Friday I got the freight yard in and wired up. Saturday I finished the benchwork for the main lines. Sunday I put in risers and the track for mainline up to the risers that are in. I have about half the mainline in on the bottom level.

- LiveSteamer I hope it hase stopped snowing in your parts.

- trains1972 I hope to see some pictures up soon.

As for me I was in a dart tournament to qualify for the Northern Ontario Team. Even though I won over 80% of my games I was knocked out in the semi-finals.

Overall a great weekend, play with some very good players.

moria

Nov 4, 2004
Toronto
Greetings all :)

Well finally I can join in again on this thread. After spending a number of weeks developing the history for my new fictional railway.. The Great Western Railway of Canada, I had a free weekend this weekend and spent the whole weekend on starting the new model...

2 14 hour days produced the first baseboard (the middle one) of a three set for a small industrial yard to experiment in HO since I have been in N-gauge for the last 30 years..

I am building a small 12' x 2' switching yard in HO, with each board being 4' x 2'.

Heres the results so far..

Built the first baseboard.. laid cork, laid track, wired up the track for DCC and installed the Tortoise point motors and the NCE Switch it DCC controllers to them so the track was operational... Then added a couple of Instant Horizon backdrops and a few Instant Buildings.

A view of the trackplan...

abg.jpg

Then I needed to work on some structures to get a feel for the size and space required, so partbuilt (well quite a lot built apart from detailing and weathering) a DPM factory which was modified for the space available..

abh.jpg

Then finally, placed down the start of the sanding facilities on the Engine service spur track...

abi.jpg

Hope you enjoy the photos.

Next few weeks will be ballasting and starting scenic development and loco repainting into Great Western Colours.

Any feedback appreciated.

Regards

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I worked on my car for a bit on Staurday, fixing the hatch shocks and an unruly stereo speaker. The rest of the time I either worked on the computer or on the layout.
Train-wise I continued to work on my DPM theatre building (gold series kit). The brick and facade is painted I added the motar with a concrete-colored wash and then added the windows and movie posters in the windows. The rest of the time was spent painting white-metal detail parts (there's 80 of them) I'll be assembling the walls shortly, I hope.

Bikerpete

Feb 27, 2005
Calgary
Week-end work

Well.....this week-end I registered onto this forum and started building a time-saver test-track in the workshop closet. The layout is 20 by 72 inches and will be used primarily to test the performance of engines and rolling stock...I don't intend to do much scenery wise.

PB

Attachments

• layout 001 (568 x 426) (426 x 320).jpg
    layout 001 (568 x 426) (426 x 320).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 87
  • layout 003 (568 x 426) (426 x 320).jpg
    layout 003 (568 x 426) (426 x 320).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 83

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Not much modeling done this weekend. I went to Cub Scout overnight camp Friday night and Saturday morning with my son. Then I had to attend softball tryouts as a potential manager on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. My daughter did her tryout on Saturday and did well. She also had basketball practice on Saturday and game Sunday.

The 2-6-0 camelback that is now lettered for Lehigh & New England did get weathered this weekend. I still need to add coal to cover the plastic coal in the tender.

trains1972

Sep 1, 2004
philadelphia, pa
pg.photos.yahoo.com
jasbourre said:
- trains1972 I hope to see some pictures up soon.

I was thinking about putting the pictures of the layout on the forum once I got enough of the layout done. I just don't know were to put them.
here is a picture of the yard that I did over the weekend.
feb25200568ht.jpg

feb25200576bx.jpg

feb252005105jx.jpg

The turn table and track around are not wired up yet.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Got my new book, "when steam ran the Clinchfield", so was able to finish my research. The Athearn Clinchfield Challengers do have one minor flaw, the numbers on the cab sides are too big, I suspect they referenced the "676", UP 3985 repainted for a christmas train. Now that I know the true size, I can get the engines renumbered. Plans are to move one of the speakers from the tenders, to under the stacks, and then detail the coal boxes in both tenders, before weathering. Plans for renumbering the lighted number boards, basicly clear out existing detail, white over the face of the number board,(to dim the amount of light that gets through), dry transfer the new numbers in place, and black over that. When all the paint is dry, masking tape the dry transfers off, so the numbers only will be lighted.
Removed the (identical)road numbers from 10 reefers, so they can be renumbered.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
I got some goodies in the mail on friday, and then I ran trains for a while and just potted around the train room. on the pretence I was cleaning up, cant see where I cleaned up thou... counted up how many loco`s that I need to paint (27) ouch a lot of work still a head....have a good one ..steve

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Well I accomplished everything I set out to do plus some others.

Got the Athearn car rebuilt that I was working on Fri. nite, plus managed to do 2 more that needed done. Fixed all my shop cars that were giving me problems. Painted the handrails on an engine I painted a few weekes ago I also managed to build a Blueprint boxcar without losing or breaking any parts.
I picked up a B-mann 8 wheel drive GP-40 newer run to see how they are, and for 20.00 they are not bad little runners, run as good as a can motor equipped Athearn and they mate with them & Atlas units without fighting, not bad. Did a full lube job and after a weekend of running it has quieted down really nice to where you hardly here it now, I might get more at that price. So I have to add a few details, who cares. I got it in the WM circus scheme to go with an orphan Chessie SD40-2, the paint job is very good.

Trains were run with no derailments!-:thumb:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-:wave: