Its MONDAY 2-21-05, weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Getting a late start with this today due to the fact that my weekend has a n extra day in it because of Presidents’ Day.

I worked on the cap for the abutment on the Passenger Station Diorama. I also finished weathering the LNE billboard boxcar. I received an AD&N boxcar in the mail from fellow forum member Tad which I also weathered. I weathered the wheels and trucks on two IHC 2-6-0 camelbacks. I also removed the lettering from one of them.

guppyman

I accomplished......

Absolutely nothing.
My nephew is still occupying my trainroom... :mad:

One of these days I'll get in there and get busy.... I may pull out my little oil pump tonight and start building it though ( I quit smoking today... I need something to do).

theBear

guppyman,

You could come up here and remove
curse.gif
snow
biggrin.gif

I got nothing done on the modeling front.

Spent a good part of the weekend changing server scripts and generating page sets.

Currently snowing, temp 16 F

guppyman

theBear said:
guppyman,

You could come up here and remove
curse.gif
snow
biggrin.gif

Currently snowing, temp 16 F

What exactly is that ummmmmm... snow? Let's see... During lunch I had to flip on the AC in my car because I was sweating with just the windows down. I'd trade you in a heartbeat.

We did get snow on Christmas Eve this year.... First White Christmas I have ever seen in Houston. (Not to mention that we hadn't had snow for 15 years before that).

J&A_RR

guppyman,
I turned on my a/c here too.... that wasn't fair that we didn't get the snow. My brother down in corpus was supposed to come up to austin for Christmas but stayed there and was happy he did. Tons of snow fell(for Texas that is) he, he, he....

back to weekend work on the layout. I tried ballast and ground cover for the first time and not to shabby, need to weather the ballast and ties because the ballast is to light of a color. Any suggestions on how to do that would be welcome. Thread is..
http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=13349

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Yep my weekend is a little longer as well. I got my N Scale Trains out and fixed a couple of my hopper cars that were broke, also got to start to fiddle around with the locomotives i have and fix them because some of the got broke when we moved over the summer.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

I finished designing my new layout and started to take down the old one. I am hoping to get is all cleaned out by next weekend so I can start on the new design.

NYC-BKO

Let's see

Fri- Finished the P2K tank car, tedious but worth it, now I have some tricks for the other three. Ran trains, had to make sure the tank ran ok, plus had to retweak them FA's, started acting up.

Sat- Made it to the LHS for wheels and couplers, of course I couldn't leave with just that, picked up and Athearn SW7 for rebuild into an NW2 & an F7 to power one more of the FA's, also a Red Caboose flat which I built Sat & Red Caboose tank. Ran trains.

Sun- rewheeled an original Stewart U25B and am still in the process of tweaking the old Athearn drive, it needs a new motor I'm sure.

Did I mention run trains!

Hope everyone had a great weekend ! -:wave:

Glen Haasdyk

I worked most of staurday putting in new equipment at the workplace. but the rest of the time was either catching up on sleep or working on the layout.
I put the roadway and parking for my meat packing plant. it's now waiting for other roads to go in arounf the city so it can be painted. I also started to paint my DPm gold kit (theatre) but first I had to put in all the bricked window inserts.Oh yeah, on Sunday I watched the daytona 500. My favorite driver won so that was well worth the watch!

francismaximus

I got nowhere. Just got to see a local train show. But I guess that is an accomplishment in itself. Mostly O-guage stuff though. Im an HO man personally, but seeing these layouts is enough to make me want to do more, and more, and more,...........

ausien

G`day gang, well I could not scan the gauge or chat in the chat room this week end, my hard drive went to the big PC in the sky, so I went chasing one, and, found one (for the right price), this week end so no modeling was done weeeeeellll I did run a few trains when the postie deliverd my new flats, (thanks big D) there great m8, a few more things arived in the last few days, so a lot more modeling can now be done,well started...have a good one..steve

Ray Marinaccio

I did manage to get the BN green sprayed on the 2 GP35s and a couple of cabooses.
I got the decals on the locos yesterday and hope to spray the clear coat today.

cabdriver

Finished main street on our layout (the actual road itself, not everything on the road). Removed the tape from all the rails and made sure everying still ran. Corrected some track problems and ran trains for a while. Realized I had a weight problem with some of my rolling stock. Seems several cars have been on weight watchers and are a bit sensitive to de-railing. Need to figure out how to weight them. Decided I need bigger and heavier hopper cars (rather than 34' open hoppers). # 1 son bought a couple of period cars to go into our car dealership on the layout -- looks really cool.