Its Monday 2-13-06, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We had about 16 to 20 inches of snow in Drexel Hill over the weekend. Of course my snow blower decides to die this weekend so I had to shovel by hand. My new best friend this weekend is Motrin.

No modeling this weekend because of either prepping for snow or shoveling it. I did look at the layout and figured out where I think a few more things will go but no physical work. I did do some updating to my website, however.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I wired in my turntable and enginehouse tracks. Since I'm on DC I had to install pushbuttons to turn the power on and off to each track so that required building a terminal strip so I could run 5 power lines off one and then wire each track seperately. The pushbuttons are located on the layout, beside each track. they will be disguised by adding either a pile of ties over them or some other way. I would have put them on the control panel but I've discouvered the panel is too small and there isn't enough room (opps) Now I have three tracks to store engines around the turntable, two in the enginehouse and one outside. One of the enginehouse tracks is long enough to store my hudson or two GP-7's. The others are long enough for a single diesel each (or a short steamer)
While I was at it a added the basic ground cover around the turntable/ enginehouse area. It made sense since all the soldering had been done by that time. and I needed to do the messy stuff before the pushbuttons went in.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
I had a little time to stack some foam and layout out a couple of almost completed mine structures. Here's a few pics.
Doc
ade.sized.jpg

adf.sized.jpg

adi.sized.jpg

adj.sized.jpg

adk.sized.jpg

adl.jpg