It's MONDAY 12-20-04, weekend modeling accomplishments!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well the weekend is over and time to get back to work. Hope everyone had a great weekend, i sure didn't :( . So what modeling accomplishments did everyone get done?

I didn't get anything done because I had to help my sister and brother in law move everything on Saturday. Everything was going good right up until the U-Haul wrecked into a guys trucks. The brakes failed to hold the truck and it slide down the hill about 6 feet. I tried to help stop it but on my way to i slipped and fell on some ice and hurt my left shoulder & I went to the hospital so now my arm is in a sling for 3 days. I'm ok, just going to take time to heal up.

So how was eveyone else's weekend?

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everybody :wave:

Wow! Some weekend! :eek: Glad to hear that you're doing okay, Matt. I wonder about those rental trucks sometimes...I hear about breakdowns and such. Anyway, I got my decals in from Paul over at Prime Mover Decals for my Erie Caboose. I had to redo the paint job because of a blushing problem with the clear dull coat over the summer and am now just getting around to finishing it up! I also have an undec Kato NW2 on the way from an eBay seller. I have to come up with a paint scheme for it. It'll be for my other home road, the Camden Terminal. Okay, pal, hafta get out there with the snowblower...it must be minus 20 wind chill. Winter fun, eh? See ya and be safe everyone! :wave:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I ran my newest Ebay acquisition over the weekend. It is an IHC 2-6-0 Camelback lettered for Lehigh Coal & Navigation Co.. The LCNC was the owner of the Lehigh & New England. The locomotive runs smooth. Now it is time to think about weathering. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to fit an engineer in the cab. There seems to be very little room. I may have to perform some Frankenstein type surgery.

Here is a picture of it:
bbf.jpg

Too many Christmas related items kept from doing any other model railroading.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I finished and installed my gantry crane on my pier. I used 'n' scale tracks for the crane tracks, glueing them down with epoxy. While that was drying I started work on the backside of my scenry divider,covering the framework with blue-painted MDF board and then creating a hill built up against it with foam board with a tunnel so the train doesn't look like it's dissapearing through a hole in a board. I also did a little work on my Woodland scenics Shoe repair store.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
I did manage to get something done besides shopping. I built a few kits, repaired a car still some more on the rip track, one I ripped the drawbar right out ( poor glue joint ).-:curse:

I ran trains, ran trains and ran trains somemore while I was doing other things, pulled out alot of engines that haven't been run in a while, and just ran them. So there were accomplishments this weekend.-:thumb:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-:wave:

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
Laid down some more track and wired a few turnouts. Only have the raised portion of the layout to go and about 15 turnouts to wire.

So far so good on everything for my first 'real' layout except for one minor glitch. While glueing down some track I was leaning against the front of the benchwork. I then realized this tiny 'itch' I felt on my leg was one of my remote turnouts melting from me leaning agains the switch panel. Forgot to unplug the power...oops. Need to get a pic of that switch tonight. No major damage, just need to swap out a turnout now. and I just bought that turnout to replace one that had a bent rail on it.. doh! heh....

My WS incliners I'm hoping will arrive on or before this friday so I can at least get the mainline looping for christmas day when everyone comes over to the house. Go UPS go! :)

Here's on my fav pics I snapped the other day of the 'building process'.
IMG_5672.jpg