It's MONDAY 12-13-04, weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
So how did you do this weekend?

I finished wiring the utility poles on the Water Tower Diorama. The results can be viewed at http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=8733 and http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=12128 . I paid for my latest acquisition from Ebay, an IHC 2-6-0 Camelback lettered for the Lehigh Coal & Navigation Co., the parent company of the LNE. Also wrapped my son’s Christmas gift, G-scale Bachmann Rocky Mountain Express.

We went to the Greenberg show in Fort Washington on Saturday. The show was disappointing. My wife was looking for G-scale stuff. She found very little and what she found was either MSRP or higher. I found a lot of HO but again there were no bargains. The few guys I found with deals had nothing I needed. First time I walked out of a show empty handed. My daughter did get a combination hairbrush and mirror.

rich maiorano

Apr 27, 2002
levittown pa
Went to the show myself Saturday did come home with a few goodies and you are right about the deals too not many at all but it was fun had my oldest grandson with me so any thing would have been great....Rich

trains1972

Sep 1, 2004
philadelphia, pa
pg.photos.yahoo.com
I reached the top of the first mountain this weekend.I still have some tiles to put in on the one side below the tracks. I will have three mountians on my my layout.
im0026617tl.jpg

im0026649mp.jpg

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Absolutely nothing was done this past weekend--except for operation on my industrial switching layout and 71/2 hours dispatching at the club on Sunday...MAYBE next weekend I will find a small project. :D

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Well I did manage to do something this weekend.

Ran trains Friday and Saturday some while I did many of the zillion things I had to do. Put together a quick kit BB C&O HiCube, still needs refined, kadees, metal wheels & Walthers swing coupler boxes but it's running. Did some of that 'run things that haven't been run in a while' too! A pair of BB GE B's it took almost a hour before they loosened up and the amp meter came down to a reasonable level but that's Athearn BB's from the eighties. Also decided to run some PC equipment, same with a BB SD45 & Atlas/Roco GP38's, took a while before they ran smooth again. No yard switching though.
I had fun though, hopefully get to some of the harder kits I have on the drawing board soon!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!:wave:

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I did make it to see 'The Polar Express' I hadn't read the book so I thought there would be a litle more of the train in it but on the whole it was a fairly entertianing movie. I did work on my gantry crane for the harbour and chased down a few track 'bugs'. I've go at least one more feeded wire it install yet but the electical is almost done. Now i have to figure out how to transition from code 100 to code 83.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I tuned up my grandfather's old Unique Lines trainset and ran O gauge trains.
I also dug out some old HO structures and placed them on the HO layout to see if I can fit the locomotive servicing facility in the available space.

Attachments

• Dec13008.JPG
    Dec13008.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 56