It's MONDAY 11-8-04, weekend modeling accomplishments!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
It looks like NYC-BKO & TomPM are late or not around but that's ok so i will get this one going.

This weekend was a busy weekend for me. I did get my tank car prepaired for the new paint job it is going to be getting soon. I didn't get around to making my track pan due to yesterday being my grandparents 40th anniversery, so i went to see them and spent a couple of hours with them. I thought that was more important than worring about my track plan when it came down to it. Also on Saturday i was busy looking for some things around on the internet to make track pans out of and i thank Fred for the information on that and the links. So what did we all get done this weekend? Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave: :wave:

theBear

I didn't get a thing done that was train related
frown.gif
but there are far fewer leaves in my yard
cool.gif

Now who was it that wanted a few bags of leaves
biggrin.gif
?

Now I've got to go automate some mirroring scripts to keep our new redundant load balanced image servers up to date. Always something. Load goes up every month simple upgrades are no longer the answer
curse.gif

Now back to your regular programing.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks Matthew for starting things today.

I am getting here late because I am finally getting up and around. What ever bug I caught knocked me for a loop last night and this morning. Needless to say I did not go to work today. I felt bad on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday afternoon were not too bad. I could not stop coughing last night or this morning. On top of that I had a full blown ear infection. I am waiting for the doctor to call in some medicine right now.

On top of all this fun the pump on the washing machine decided to jam yesterday morning. I had to disassemble the washer to get to it. The pump is just like the pumps we have in the fish pond so diagnosing the problem and fixing it were easy. A few coins, a screw, and a bobby pin were the culprits. The bad part about it and what may have triggered my reaction last night is that I had to lay in cold water to do the repairs.

On the bright side I did finish weathering the LNE 0-8-0 switcher. I would still like to add a fireman to the tender, and a number plate under the headlight when I can find the right numbers.

ddavidv

Get well, Tom.

Finished ballasting on my module. :thumb: Now I can move on to more interesting things. Though I still need to finish up my wiring, which is my least favorite job. Pictures to follow.

Ray Marinaccio

I finished the N scale loco project, built a tunnel portal, finished the mountain over it and did some more painting on the layout.

Attachments

• Nov08004.JPG
    Nov08004.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 107

b28_82

Ran some trains, Painted my GP-38s, Ran some more trains, worked putting the decoder in a GP-50 but i still need to glue the lightbulbs in the shell and hope everything goes in withough wires rubbing against the flywheel

Glen Haasdyk

Painted my track, and built a platform for the station. I was going to ballast the mainline but I had some people coming over and I can't run a train while the ballast is still wet. I also re-built my 2 powered Train Miniature FA-1s so that when I do get around to painting the shells I'll actually be able to run the engine.
Oh yeah I also ran trains, while I was rebuilding the FAs.

NYC-BKO

It looks like Sunday nights are going to be long ones at work, so thanks Matthew for starting this.

I decided to wait and get the right switch this weekend at the show and use the other one somewhere else.
I also worked on a few car kits, started multiple assembly, I hope I don't get confused.:confused:

I did run trains and made it an ALCO weekend, I drug out some relics of the past. A C630 kitbash I've been working on for 20yrs, a Lifelike C628 and an Atlas C425. It was a non-NYC run. Maybe I'll finish the bash job one of these days. Had to keep them limber.:thumb:

Hope everone had a great weekend!-:wave:

fifer

Wow guys , some great work going on out there!
Get well Tom!!! :thumb:

I got some invisible stuff done . Got 3 decoders installed in E8s and GP30 and put in the drive in and bowling alley but need to finish them before I post Pics.

Mike :wave: :sleeping:

jetrock

Ran some trains, finished basic construction on a kitbash of a Walthers freight house and gave it a coat of primer paint, built some shelving to later support further expansion of the layout, and relaid a little bit of interchange track.

I also installed my first bit of dedicated layout lighitng--18 feet of clear lights-in-a-tube (dagnabbit, I forget what they're called) which I installed underneath the shelf above the layout shelf. They provide a nice soft glow of illumination, suitable for simulating the "evening shift" but not bright enough for the bright summer look I'm after--but then, for $10 I wasn't expecting too much, and it does add a certain nice atmospheric touch to the layout.

I also relocated my 6 feet of blue-spray-painted hardboard to the yard area, providing a nominal backdrop--nothing great, but better than bare drywall.

Bikerdad

Well, managed to tear up about 6" of fully ballasted track, move it over a smidgen, then relay it to eliminate a kink that was causing derailments on my N-Track module. I also helped another fella solder his track on his module together. That's all ready to go now, next step on his will be the electrical I suppose.

I also patch/painted some dings on my module, swapped out the Rapido's in my 2-6-0 Mogul (just finished the front, thanks Abs!), swapped some low profile wheels for some pizza cutters that squeak, and "repaired" (i.e., reassembled) a pair of Accumates that had discombobulated.