Its Monday 11-7-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We had a busy weekend. We got the kitchen and breakfast nook painted. We did two coats of primer. It will be Spring before we put on the final color. I can’t see use getting too many more nice weekends between now and March.

I was able to test run my new Atlas B&O RS-1 locos. They ran very nice and smooth. I was going to photograph some gondolas I recently built and then realized I did not paint the extra weights I added. I quickly did that and repaired the coupler pocket on one of them. I also test ran the all the gondolas.

ross31r

Jul 6, 2004
Surrey, United Kingdom
lets see
spent saturday helping to catalogue ONE vanload of stock out of FIVE(!!!!!!!!!) that an ex-club member bequeathed the club - over 100 locos (including nine brass steamers) and a similar number of coaches and freight stock
spent sunday laying track on the new end board for the interurban and testing it, also got around to starting to plan some of the overhead but got stuck on a suitable design for the towers. Oh and started work on my next interurban car!

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
Spent most of the weekend on chores. I love my trees but why is it when you rake so many bags of leaves, an hour later the lawn is covered again!. Still I did manage to get some model railroading done. I sprayed a large hillside of batting trees and flocked them (actually I spent most of Sunday in a respirator, between spray painting and soldering!). I also managed to lay the last piece of my big test loop in the office, so I can run-in loco's while I work.

The final piece is that I managed to get down to our local yard in Dartmouth and got some hopefully nice shots of an SD-75I and what I think was a Dash 9-44CWL I hope they turn out ok.

Graham

theBear

Oct 1, 2004
In the woods of Maine
Graham, I hear you on the leaves, that is currently an ongoing project here as well.

Went to a model rr show in Auburn, enjoyed watching the three modular layouts run and seeing a couple of other small ones.

Went through all of the vendor tables but left empty handed. Yeah, I know bad form. I just didn't see anything that I wanted.

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
Added a redundant pick for power on my Diamond Scale turntable. S power pickup comes from the pit rail (one wiper on each end of the turntable) and N power now comes a pivot on top of the arch as well as a wiper on the main shaft.

PA180501.med.JPG

galt904

Jan 17, 2005
Beachville ON
Model RR accomplishments: some more work on kitbashing challenge, assembled 2 Accurail covered hoppers, upgraded wheelsets on 2 other Accurail hoppers.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I've pretty much finished my manufaturing plant, except for the sign and weathering. Haven't quite figured the name out yet. I also figured out the push/pull rods for my peco turnouts so I can manualy throw they for 5' away.
I was going to spend more time MRring but studying for my Class 1 learner's test took priority. I'll be writing that tomorrow.