Its Monday 11-21-05, Weekend modeling accomplishments!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
The weekend is over everyone. What did you all get accomplished this weekend?

I had a funeral service Saturday to go to for a brother firefighter who passed away last week. Was a nice funeral. He was a Gulf War Vet as well. Sunday the fire company I run with burnt down a house which took up most of the day, then I came home after 2 and went to sleep until 1:50 a.m when we got a call for a smoke in a structure so now I will probably be up the rest of the day.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Matthew my condolences on the loss of your brother firefighter.

With weekends like the one I just had I need work so I can relax and recuperate. On Saturday we took my son’s Cub Scout Wolf Den into Philadelphia to visit Independence Hall, and the Liberty Bell. While there we also visited Congress Hall, Franklin Square, and a few other sites. It was a great time but with all the walking I paid for it in stiff joints the rest of the weekend. Sunday was dedicated to grocery shopping.

I did get a little modeling done. I continued painting the walls and windows of the farm house. I like how it turning out this time around. I also added some more information to my website.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
On Saturday I had my first hands-on lesson in truck driving for four hours. After that I came home and took a nap in front of the TV. The rest of the day was spent either cleaning the house going out for dinner,a shopping at Wal-mart in the evening.
Sunday I did some model work. First I painted the handrails on the club's trainmaster as well as start a little weathering on it. I'm considering using washes instead of airbrush work. I also balasted all the track in my city area and added the ground cover in a 2' X 2' area in the city. Just basic earth, dirt and weeds. I'll have to add more detail to it as I place other things like my scrapyard in there.

screen

Aug 18, 2005
Sterling, Illinois
Spent Sat. cutting down a tree in front yard - cleanup was hard on this old body - lol hahaha!!!

Sunday started with helping the wife get ready for Thankgiving - then off to see a local club I had no idea was in Chadwick untill reading the paper Friday night - Northwestern Illinois Model Railroad Club - I have seen some large club layouts but this one is by fare the largest - As with all layouts, work is going on all the time and in this case most track and benchwork is complete but only about 25% of the landscape, building and industry is done - spent the remainder of the day putting away much of my layout stuff to make way for christmas and watched Nascar -

Wabash Banks

Mar 11, 2005
Indiana
My wife was busy this past weekend and my daughter had a cold. She was feeling just bad enough to not want to go anywhere, but that was about it. I was more than happy to hang out at home with her. After playing with her for a while I headed to the work area and cut up some wood for a structure piece. It will be the lember shed for a hardware store. It is also a post and beam timber framed structure with 68 cross braces under the beams and the tie plates. I got them all cut, which took FOREVER, and then I got it all glued together. It is one seriously strong structure! I do have the problem of having not got all my cuts at exactly 45 degrees for the bracing. This means I have to fill in some of the gaps now and will cause me to do some painting. I think I will do a heavy brown and rust ink wash to make it look recently coated. All sides are exposed so this isn't an unreasonable thing to do to the timbers. Besides, they are nearly 100 years old, that requires some care!

Tonight I hope to get some floor joists cut and placed. After I get it all done it will be time for the freight dock which attaches to it. All in all the whole structure will be just over 100' long.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Well I did get the SW1200 painted, on saturday, sunday I went overv to Geofs place and got the HO exhibit layout out set it up and ran trains and added a few buildings, tidyed up a few ruff areas and discoverd that we have a few problems with the pionts/switches, and that we have to replace at least 2 of them...apart from that I/we hade a relaxed week end. Hope you all had a like wise week end did what you wanted...steve

C

Catt

Got some roadbed relaid on the 2TRAK modules (actually what I did was place it where I had origonally planned to put it in the first place).

I got one ore car quadset assembled saturday and test ran it on the TTRAK layout saturday night.

Went to the Lansing model railroad club show sunday expressly to buy a KATO double crossover and two pair of PECO code 80 turnouts (the guy never showed up :( ) Did get a good deal on four more ore cars and assembled another quadset tonight.Also won an auction on eBay for six more ore cars :D.Come next saturday I will have quad quadsets :D.