It's MONDAY 10-18-04, weekend modeling accomplishments!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Looks like NYC-BKO is running late this morning, so I guess I’ll go out on a limb and start this up. So what did you accomplish this weekend?

I am still recovering from this weekend. I had way too much running around in cold wet weather. Two football games, football and cheerleading pictures, and a Putt-Putt birthday party just wore me out. One the bright side my son’s team the Drexel Hill Raiders Pee Wee AA defeated the Colwyn Comets 20-6. My son had a tough time getting in the game. Every time he was to go in the Comets fumbled and the Raiders recovered. He did eventually get to play most of the second half, however.

Modeling I did get a few things done. I finished the coal load on the tender, which pretty much finishes the tender except for adding a fireman. I also disassembled the LNE 0-8-0 switcher enough so I could get the cab off. I then removed the number from the cab. I need that LHS visit to get numbers, train crew figures, and Dullcoat.

Finally

I finally got started with my train layout. Well, not really my layout. We were at my in-law's house, and my wife just sprung up and said "you need to go buy some train stuff so you shut up". That was good enough for me!!:thumb: :thumb: . I bought a standard KATO starter set (Passport Deluxe). I also bought the N3 add-on set. I know it isn't much compared to most (almost all) people here, but it's a start, and it feels so good to have something on my benchwork that has just been collecting nothing but miscellaneous junk for the last 2 months!:rolleyes: Whatever pieces that aren't used in my planned layout, I will just use for the expansion.

As for work with it, I was able to finish the detailing for the platform. Next weekend will be the overhead station details, along with whatever else I can acquire between now and then!!:D :D

-doc

Joepomp

I tore the previously incomplete layout apart and started the new one. I still have to move a cabinet my wife claims shee will be unable to reach with the layout in front of it. What happened? the basment use to be my domain. Woman you can't live with them, you can't fill the basment with trains!

NYC-BKO

Thanks for starting it Tom, my new job on the shortline RR works Sunday night, and they broke me in right 13 hours.

I didn't get anything done as I said I probably wouldn't in the Friday thread. All that I did was to run some trains yesterday waiting to go to work.:cry:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-:)

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well i got home around 3:00 p.m on sunday and i did get some more of my tipple done. Other than that i had a great weekend. Hopefully i will get the tipple finished this week and get started on the other tipple i have. Have a Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

theBear

I'm trying to recover from Saturday's stint at the table saw.

I got a pile of unused pine boards ripped for framing and support. This process also reduced my pile of junk wood that was taking up room in the basement.

Figured out how much wall board and studding I'll need to wall the layout off from the dusty world of the basement. I'm a bit short in both departments
frown.gif
, the only bright light is that I still have an ample supply of power shot loads
thumbsup.gif

Got nine cars ready for new trucks and couplers, my new trucks and couplers haven't shown up yet, so still no trains on the switching puzzle.

Oh and some more junk (technical term here
wink.gif
) got tossed
cool.gif
, still a ton to go through
eek.gif

I also ran my locos so they didn't get lonely
biggrin.gif

Tileguy

Got my Harbor Area Cut in this AM and Materials together for building Bents this afternoon.Like I said, todays another day :)

I got alot done this weekend. I started on building the city for my layout. I got two blocks almost done. I had to paint and build each building from the kit.
IM001772.jpg

IM001780.jpg

Looking good trains1972.. with the weather being bad got some indoor chores done. Between going to the woodworking show and being involved with the local train show, which went over very well, I managed to get some work on the layout. Got the back two modules built and up with some paper on the top and last night did some doodeling as to where the track and buildings are going.. Have to work the next few days on a cover shift 2 - 12 mdn so with getting up early I should get what I need to do early and then have an hour or so for the layout...happy railroading..Ron..

seanm

Started ripping out my layout!! Been sort of "abandond" for a couple of years. Got stuck on a few things and decided it was time to start over and fresh. Have learned a lot and now it is time to put some of that hard learned stuff to work on a better layout.

The old layout is here http://www.pegnsean.net/tba/ if ya care to look. Once I clear out the garage I will start with some pictures of the progress.

SeanM

Here's a picture of what I've been doing for the past three months. (It's 1:1 scale.) Now that the water's finally flowing and rainy weather is finally here, maybe I can actualy get back to my long neglected layout. :thumb:
Doc

Attachments

• pond5.jpg
    pond5.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 56

Glen Haasdyk

On saturday morning I loaded, drove anbd unloaded 2 1/2 truckloads of firewood for my In-laws. My Father-In-Law is recouvering from a quadruple bypass a few weeks ago so I did the work for him. In return he gave me enough wood to build my benchwork. So on Saturday afternoon I went to a fellow model railroader and we cut 3/4" fir ply into 3" strips for the framework and 5/8" fir ply for the roadbed (I'll be adding cork on top) Saturday evening I built the first 2'X5' section, Sunday I built the second 4 1/2' X 6 1/2' section and tied them all together. Tonight I cut and added the roadbed. I must say that it is progressing faster than I thought it would!
I am taking pictures of my progess but they aren't on a digital camera so wait till the film is developed and them I'll post pictures.

F

Fred_M

Congrats on your new job Brian. Sounds almost like a dream job for a train buff like you. Doc, that's a beautiful garden you built for the wifey. Fred