It's MONDAY 1-3-05, weekend modeling accomplishments!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well the first Monday of the new year is here. What did everyone get accomplished this weekend? Hope Everyone Had A Great Holiday

Well I had been messing around with my display case all weekend and i am going to be taking measurements here today to see what the width and lenth of plywood i would need so i can start a display for my dad's N Scale trains. I am not leaving the glass in there cause i just don't trust it. The case is alot older than me and i don't want to break no glass. I will take photo's as i go along with the project to show everyone how it is coming along. Also this project will have the new track pans i plan to make on it so i will show everyone how that comes out as well. ( not that good a scratchbuilding but i figure if i start small i will get the hang of it LOL )

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
I got a lot done--kitbashed a welding shop out of spare parts, built an Accurail reefer, laid down styrene streets to cover my street trackage (although I still need to do the between-the-rails part and paint it), got started on another structure, and even got in a little operating time. My wife spent the weekend re-grouting the bathroom (that's her idea of a hobby) and I built kits in the living room in between runs to the hardware store.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
well I can finaly post in this thread, :thumb: I have at long last compleated the mainlines of the Feather River RR. and a F3 U.P 10 car passenger has run up and around the canyon walls,:p no yards, stations, industries, to stop at, but it RAN just the same.;) ;) may be next year I`ll get the yards done? :D :D :D :D but thats another story....:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: Have a good one...steve

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I got basically nothing done. I was thwarted at every attempt. I wanted to start doing couplers on a couple of steam locomotives but the LHS I visited over the weekend did not have the particular ones I need. The weather intervened by being nice on Saturday which meant that I was outside with the kids. Also some of Saturday was spent watching the Mummers Parade on TV. On the bright side I did update my website some. I added some pages about the Water Tower Diorama.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Let's see all I did was run trains, changed out power to keep'em all limbered up. Made it to the LHS to get some things, that's about it for the weekend, but a package just arrived in the mail and I finally have a truck tuner, now the work will begin as I know there are alot of cars that need it! Now I have to check and sort them out for the shop so there will be plenty of work the next few weekends.-:eek:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-:thumb:

I finally added the last details to my Erie welded side caboose and am seriously thinking of weathering it according to the color photos that I have. My other Atlas undec NE6 caboose will get underway this week....I'll paint and letter it up for my other home road, the Camden Terminal. Think I'll put working markers on it, too. Gettin' there! :wave:

dispatcher42

Jun 18, 2003
Vancouver BC
Planted 12 dozen trees in one corner of the layout.
By the look's of it I will need 120 Dozen to plant.
Got to get busy and make some more.
Take Care and Keep on Track

Bob

DT1967

Jul 4, 2004
Kansas City
I got all but one of my older tank car kits built and on the railroad. I'll have to break a few teeth on working out the details for the MDC 50' Modern tank cars. The one I started the B end platform sags.

DT

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I built a hill on one side of my scenery divider, using foam as a base and plaster soaked towels. Added one plaster rock casting for a cliffside. It's colored and ground foamed. Now it's time to make some more trees.
I also did some 'urban planning' in my city area, laying out the main street.

C

Catt

Got the core done for the new building for my TTRAK modules on to find out Saturday night that all my careful measuring on the modules must have been done with my eyes closed. :( Oh well the main part of the building is usable as is)

I got the trucks,one coupler,and the steps monted on my scratchbuilt HOn30 coach.I then decided that the steps were to far back to look good.Oh well it took all of 5 minutes to remove and remount the steps on one side so it's not a big deal to do it.It has been so long since I've scratchbuilt a railcar I had forgotton just how much fun and satisfaction I get from such a project. :D

Dawg

Jan 2, 2005
Purchased $500 worth of track and electric components --

tomorrow I buy the lumber.

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
I finished the valve gear on the MDC 0-6-0t.
Yesterday I made the air tank and extended the steam pipes from the cylinders to the smokebox.

Attachments

• Jan04^06.JPG
    Jan04^06.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 51

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Woohoo! It feels weird posting in here...

I finally stopped my armchair modeling and got up to do something!

Weekend accomplishments:

1.) Bought two, folding sawhorses for layout support.
2.) Built a table (4'x7') resting one a 1x4 frame with slits for the sawhorses, which serve as the legs. The table is one of the sturdiest I've seen, even if it is resting on sawhorses.
3.) Cut and attached homasote to the plywood once the table was in place.
4.) Made a trip to my LHS and spent $107 on HO Atlas Snap-Track, roadbed, and some basic scenery groundcover.
5.) Laid out track to make sure everything would fit, and prepared to lay and glue roadbed.

That's it! Wow, all in one weekend too! :thumb: