It's MONDAY 1-24-05, weekend modeling accomplishments!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well everyone the weekend is over. What did everyone get accomplished?

At 4:00 a.m Saturday i said my goodbyes to my brother and watched him leave for Camp Shelby, Mississippi. I didn't sleep all day saturday cause of the storm and the fact i was upset and missed him. Sunday after i got up LOL, i went back outside and shoveled more snow and then came in a went to wal*mart and looked around and came home and did nothing but just sit and think about all the good times.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week Everyone :wave:

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
well where did the weekend go, kids clud, bending the elbow, and a little work on the feather river, not much completed yet, but wednesday is austrailia day and the board is forming once again. so I am hoping to be able to run trains then... have a good one.. steve

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I had a pretty good weekend when I wasn’t removing 12+ inches of snow from the driveway and walkways. I finished weathering the IHC Reading Mikado, IHC LNE switcher, and the Accurail B&O boxcar. I recolored the stones on the abutment and creek wall on the Passenger Station Diorama. I decaled one side of a boxcar in the Lehigh & New England billboard scheme. I even ran trains for a time.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I did a little work on my meat packing plant, installing the windows and painting the loading docks. Yesterday a friend came over with all of his trains that he had when he was a kid. Old bachman and lima engines and nothing but horn-hook couplers (yuck) we did manage to run some of his stuff without derailing even though I had to run them at near warp-speed to keep them from stalling on the frogs.
I think I may re-lay some track though, my dual-guage code 80 doesn't work well and I'll probably never really use the narrow guage portion of it anyway. So I'll go shopping for two code 100 #6 turnouts and re-lay about 10 feet of track. But that's another weekend's project.

sammyd

Feb 14, 2004
WI
trains.script-host.com
Finally tried my hand at using flex track.
Slapped together a 4 foot diorama with flex track over cork. Sure is easier to ballast than power lock.
No pics tho, the kid took the camera to an SCA event and left it with Grandma.
Maybe next week....
Spent some time poring over the info on backgrounds here at the Gage.(Wow some good stuff.) That will probably be my next big step.

train1

Jan 19, 2005
ontario
A family weekend away but still managed to assemble an IM cylindrical hopper, paint another undecorated one. All while watching a movie at the Brother in laws, (the wife wasn't too impressed however). When I got home on Sunday, I built walls for the rear of a building I was intending on using as a flat. Looks great - I'm on a week off this week so I will finish (hopefully) laying the mainline, and wiring up a couple blocks temporarily so I can get a loco and some cars around.
Movement is Good !

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Car trouble made me stay home and do some scenery work--here's part of the result...
Dairydirt.jpg

Vicdirt.jpg

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Niiiice Jetrock!!! :thumb:

I divided my weekend between shovelling snow and laying track. Between the soldering iron (which I had never used before) and the minus 0 deg F temperatures I managed to burn one finger and freeze another!!!

I had hoped to have the lower level of track done by the end of the weekend but everything took longer than expected. Had to run out to the hardware store once, electronic store twice, and of course the LHS for more track. Now it turns out that the track I've been using is no longer available, so I'm having to be very careful where I use what little I have left.

However, despite all these little setbacks, I did manage to get a fair section of the lower level done, and I'm feeling pretty darn pleased with myself! :) :D :)

Val

ebaines

Jan 4, 2005
I got the cork and track laid for about half of my first layout. Completed the mainline loop, a shortline loop, and a passing siding. Soldered power connections to the rails, connected it all to make sure it works OK. Next up: installing switch machines under the table, and starting construction of the control panel.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Let's see.
Friday night just ran trains, and tuned up some equipment.

Saturday during the storm, I painted and decaled two engines, el cheapos that I got running decent Friday night, yes Glen the Lionel FA was one of them and an AHM RS-2.

Sunday made it to the train show and picked up 5 enignes and 20 cars, 2 P1K C-liners cheap, P2K SW9 real cheap, GP20 cheap and a Stewart U25B.
2 six packs of NYC hoppers and a 5 pack, 2 tanks and a box, now I have enough hoppers to aleast have a train.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!-:wave:

santafewillie

Aug 4, 2002
era tx
Visit site
Nice work Jetrock. I planned on painting some LPB's and completed about 15. I do them assembly line style so I actually completed some I had already started and started a few I didn't complete. The weather got nice so I tilled the garden so I could commence to planting onions etc. next week. In between, I managed to scenic about 18" more on the layout. This is a cow pasture alongside a spur to a grain elevator.

Attachments

• 01-24-05 001.001.jpg
    01-24-05 001.001.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 97

Bikerdad

Oct 17, 2003
Southwestern US
Visit site
Listed below are my targets for this past weekend, along with the results:

Riding arooond and aboot on my motorcycle. Visit my NTrak module at the hobby shop where its set up, probably run my V&T passenger train on it a bit. Nope, didn't even get onto the motorcycle, didn't visit my module. I did pick up a new smoked visor to replace my "worn out" one. Sheesh, y'ad think they'd last more than 6 months. (Probably would've if I hadn't put 20,000+ miles on the bike in those 6 months! :D )

Redo one of my newfangled legs for my other NTrak modules (blanks at this stage), and attach the legs to one of the blanks to see how they work. Nope. I did manage to get a tap & die set so I was able to clean up some boogered threads on the feet, but that's all I did on the legs.

Do my first wired/soldered DCC installation in an Atlas GP30. If that goes well, take my Atlas GP35 apart, mill the frame, and install a decoder into it as well. Nope. Did manage to put the GP30 back together to make sure I could, then kinda stalled out on actually doing the decoder. I'm really looking at this installation with trepidation.

Finish one of those Bachmann Car Shop kits that Model Expo was blowing out when they got out of trains. Unfortunately, the one that I grabbed to build turns out to be missing one of the end walls, so I'll be snagging an end wall from one of the unbuilt kits to complete this one. Or maybe I'll just put the two together as a very long car shop... Nope, I did manage to make sure that the unbuilt kit I grabbed has both ends though. :thumb:

Watched a fair bit of football on Sunday, picked up some tools on Saturday, not much to show for a weekend. And to think, I don't even have the excuse of frozen water vapor descending from the heavens. It was clear, mid 60s-70s here all weekend. :cool:

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Glen Haasdyk said:
Brian,
What did you do to the Lionel? Any pics?
Glen
Glen,
Sorry I can't post pics, spend all resources on trains, not new computer & camera haha.
All that I did was use electrical motor cleaner on the motor, lube and oil it. It is still a bit noisy but it and the RS-2 are just interim locos until others are rebuilt. I painted it in the simple NYC Cigarband scheme. They are hauling a train right now.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
well folks, I know its wednesday! but here in the land off downunder its AUATRAILIA day, like your 4 july, and I/we did some magor work on the F.R.R.R, by magor I meam, replaced some boardwork, after removeing all the track from the yard and replaced it with a wider board, and then we layed the track back down after a few heated words, about some proposed changes, a few amber ales solved the heat, and the changes went ahead.

So now the mainlines are in and the derailment probs seamed to be fixed, the benchwork IS finished now, once and for all time,(I hope, this is the third change in the board work) we have increased the storage roads from 2 to 4 and doubled the length, and added a shunting road so we no longer have to shunt on the main.

We still have to wirer up the yard, but thats for another meeting off the board, and a few more amber ales.... have a good one..steve

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
ausien said:
well folks, I know its wednesday! but here in the land off downunder its AUATRAILIA day, like your 4 july, ...

Saw that on my calender and wondered just what kinda holiday it was....sounds like you made good use of it. Blessings, BC