It's MONDAY 1-10-05, weekend modeling accomplishments!

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well The Weekend Is Over. What did everyone get accomplished this past weekend.

I did get to take down some of the christmas decorations, but still have more to take down. I didn't get around to my buildings on account of the decorations. But this week i will get the rest taken down and maybe start on the buildings this week if i can. Also if i remember i will take photo's of a building that was broke in the move and show everyone how i am going to put it back together.

:wave: Have A Safe & Wonderful Week :wave:

Bikerdad

Oct 17, 2003
Southwestern US
Visit site
Well, the weekend's not actually over yet, but I'm done workin' on the railroad for the weekend.

ALL N Scale:

I got the traction tire installed in one of my two Kato Mikados, it really was as easy as everybody says! (The other Mike, my first loco, is lurking somewhere in storage... :cry: )

Popped apart a grunky Atlas boxcar I picked up somewhere or other, glued the weight back down, then swapped the metal wheel, Rapido equipped trucks for a pair of MT Bettendorfs.

Assembled a Roundhouse 50' Boxcar from some Mexican road, also putting MTs on it. This boxcar is the first use of my 2-56 tap, as I used screws to mount the trucks to the metal undercarriage.

Mostly repaired a CS Shops hopper. Repair required tapping the bolster holes and using a 2-56 screw to stop the trucks from falling off, and supergluing the end ladder assemblies to the roofwalk. Unfortunately, on one end, the roofwalk is too high, the paint likes to dissolve and interfere with the CA, so that end's not actually repaired yet.

Partially re-organized my rolling stock storage.

Got about 70% of the work on a Red Caboose coil car kit done.

It looks like I'm well on my way to accomplishing my January goals, at least as far as my rolling stock goes.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Cheerleading is over for the 2004-2005 season. My daughter’s squad the Drexel Hill Raiders Midgets placed second in their competition on Saturday. It has taken me all weekend to recover from sitting on the most uncomfortable bleachers I have every sat on. Not only were there hard there was no room for your legs. Also we were packed in like sardines and I wonder if we exceeded the legal capacity for the gym. The most disturbing thing was we found out that the company that ran the competition did not have any medical personnel at the gym. When a girl from another squad injured her knee they couldn’t even get ice for her and her parents had to take her to the local hospital.

I did finish weathering the wheels and trucks on the tenders for the IHC LNE 0-8-0 switcher and IHC Reading Mikado. I also touched up the striping on the Reading tender where the tabs that hold the tender together show through striping. Now it is time to paint the railings.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I finished the woodland scenics building that I was working on, got the windows and doors in the walls and then assembled the walls on my Suydam meat packing plant, next is all the pilasters on the outside.

nolatron

Nov 17, 2004
Katy, TX
railroad.sodh.net
Didn't have as much time as I hoped, but I got everything painted and all the roadbed laid. Started laying track last night and should be done by the weekend. then I finally have a full main line to play with :)

grumbeast

Jan 13, 2003
Dartmouth, N.S. Canada
www.accesswave.ca
Well, I got a few hours in.

Painted a bunch more Hydrocal onto my large mountain at Colinport on the railroad and sprayed the track and trackbed its preliminary black. Next step is to paint the mountain and to sort out the retaining wall.

Graham

COCentralRR

Dec 31, 2004
Longmont, CO
I got my daughter some rolling stock for her Thomas set (somehow that just sounds odd!) and finalized my control panel schematic design. I then built the circuit and it works; however, I didn't realize that resistors are kinda sorta needed for the circuit, and I blew out a couple of LED's, ooops! I picked up the correct sized resistor yesterday, after consulting with a friend, and tonight I'll try putting the circuit together again...

C

Catt

Well the main layout got looked at (yup it'still right where I left it) and not much more.I did get some stuff moved to give me a bit more room to work on it.

The HOn30 layout is up and running and I realized this afternoon that by swapping out buildings, vehicles ,and trains I will have a working N scale layout that is movable :D.

I am definately ready for the next layout party :D :D :D

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
well as I stated the other day, I was able to run trains on the Feather River railway, for the first time:thumb: the next time I ran trains I found a mulitude of problems,:curse: derailments ect,:cry: and all in difficult places to get into :( :D so have called a boardmeeting for next weekend :rolleyes: where we will atempt to fix the probs,:D :D :confused: bend the elbow alittle, ;) ok a lot,:thumb: :thumb: and just have a good time... have a good one..steve

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
Backround masonite installed and painted.
Lower deck lights installed.... plywood for subroadbed purchased. Still waiting on the track, switches and cork. Plywood seems to want to warp, so I am "conditioning" it in the garage for a while before I use it. Starting to look like a layout!!

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Well after having them for a year I finally got the nerve up to put up my backdrops. Have not wallpapered in forty years and had some problems but finally got it finished. I'm glad I work alone as I'm sure I heard some bad words spoken but not sure who said them. They sure make a big improvement to the layout.

Ron :thumb: :wave:

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Well I put my new truck tuner to work on a few cars. I also made it to a HS and got me a P2K GP-9 C&O to go with a Walthers caboose I recently got. When I got home and was unpacking it I noticed the tape that holds the plastic cover was missing, so I checked the wheels on the chassis and low & behold it was used. I wasn't a happy camper :curse: , I paid pretty much regular price for it, I don't mind getting something used if I know it and I wouldn't pay full price. Needless to say I am going to try and get there this weekend and give them a piece of my mind, if not a nasty e-mail is going there way. The only other thing was a broken cut lever where they put on the coupler boxes. If I don't get any satisfaction I will post who it is on this and other forums so nobody else is taken. It does run ok and I cleaned and lubed the drive.
Other than that I just ran trains!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!:thumb:

Tad

Apr 8, 2003
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
I got some painting done this weekend. I finished up 3 locomotives and messed one up and had to strip it. I'll have to redo it. I still have to do detail painting and decaling on the three that I finished painting.

I also got 4 Atlas undecorated pulpwood cars painted and partially completed 5 more. Now I need to finish the 5, assemble them all, make decals, and then decal them.

And I painted an undecorated Micro-Trains Centerbeam Flat. It also needs assembly and decaling.

I had a pretty productive modeling weekend.

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Installed some styrene streets, as mentioned in another thread--took a few photos this weekend too:
bdcurve.jpg

Close-up of my in-street track and 12" industrial siding curve, including guardrail.
bdcurve2.jpg

Another view of the in-street track. Street surface is styrene, with drywall mud to fill cracks, coated with Woodland Scenics "concrete" Street System paint.
layoutview.jpg

Overview of my layout in its current form.
dairy2.jpg

Some trackside industries.