It's Here!! It's Here!!

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Lighthorseman, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Hooray! After a seemingly endless wait, my Broadway Limited C-16 has arrived! Just picked it up from the Post Office on the way home tonight. :thumb:

I gave it a quick run, and boy! What a BEAUT!! Runs like a Swiss watch, and the SOUND!! Unbelievable! I put it on the track, cracked the throttle a tad, and she sat there simmering away. A little more, and off we chuffed! Come to a stop, and the brakes squeal. Reverse the polarity, and she gives a whistle.

Man, oh man...I'm a sound convert now. When I finally get onto DCC, everything will eventually be sound-equipped.

I took this quick picture to post while I give it an exhaustive tryout.

Attached Files:

2. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

I love getting new toys! Yours looks likek a beaut! I don't know anything about the C-16s. Were they exclusively narrow gauge engines?

Have fun,
  3. Jim T

Jim T Member

Steve, I've been holding off getting one of those, but your making it tough to resist. :D :)

4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

5. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Oooooooooooooooohhh! NICE! Some day I'll look into sound...Your description sounds so cool! Enjoy!
  6. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Looks great Steve, just how much is she? with the sound unit.
  7. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

The one we have at Destination Hobbies, is priced at $269.00.
  8. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

...I guess I shouldn't tell what I paid for mine. [​IMG]