It's Friday, weekend modeling plans?

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Hi everyone, this is a thread I ran on the Atlas forum every Friday asking what our modeling plans are or the weekend, then Monday I would ask what we accomplished. If you don't want this here let me know but it's a fun little thing.

My plans, the weather has my mowing behind so yard work will have to be caught up. I have a few car kits that need built, will try to get them done. There are a few engines that need detailing. Hope to paint one engine and decal it plus let not forget to run trains, can't let the rails rust!

Have a great weekend! :wave:

F

Fred_M

Thanks for asking, it's OK as long as we don't start them "good morning the weather is" threads. :) I am always interested in what others are doing on their layout. We need more pictures and posts from you and you, all of you guys and gals. Show us your layout and what you have done and are doing. I promise we won't make fun of or trash your efforts here. This is a hobby and ANY WORK is GREAT WORK. :thumb: I mean, look at mine and you will know we are not all master craftsmen. Don't have to be. We love modelling glue smudges and all.

I myself don't do much modelling on the weekend. My layout took over the extra storeroom at my store and I work on it through the week during idle times. On Saturdays I go shopping for bargains at the LHSs and spend most of the afternoon BS-ing at Jim's Trainland Hobbies (hiding from the wife). Then I go home and mow the yard. Then I spend too many hours on the net on forums and train websites. There are enough pictures on www.railpictures.net to last a lifetime with dialup. :D FRED

Joepomp

Dec 29, 2002
New Jersey How yous doing
Visit site
Programing

This weekend I will be correcting bugs in my CTC program. I will be longing for the days when you hooked some wires and if there was no smoke, you were good to go. The good old days when there were no computer to be found anywhere in the house. :D

hoyle

Jul 12, 2002
NC
Visit site
I am going to the LHS to get my 2 TBOX Athearn 60 footers and Walthers N&W heavy duty flatcar ask if i can trade the SOOLINE one because it has a 1961 built date.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I picked up a new CD burner today so installing that is what I'll be doing this weekend, as well as working in the house. My hobby workshop had the flooring installed today (ACRYLIC TILE) so I'll be moving my stuff back in. I think that will be the extent of my modeling this weekend. I'll take some pictures of the finished room when I'm done moving in.

sprink

Jun 8, 2004
Detroit Michigan
Brian,
I enjoy your thread. It gets me to organize my weekend as far as mrr is concerned.
I'm gonna see about picking up "Saluna's Tavern" from Bar Mills on Saturday. If I do, I'm sure I'll be fiddling with that.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
dash10 said:
Thanks for asking, it's OK as long as we don't start them "good morning the weather is" threads. :)

:thumb: :thumb: Drives me nuts when someone tells me what they having fer breakfast an' I'm sittin' there eatin' 'nother bowl o' Fruit Loops :p

Bring it on, Brian. I've got a Rivarossi Hudson I got for the price of the gas to pick it up. I'm going to clean it up inside and out, weather it and debate whether to keep it straight DC or no.

atsfman

May 12, 2004
Kansas City,KS
home.kc.rr.com
Well, I have a wedding to perform (full scale) in the morning, then I have the rest of Saturday free before Sunday workday. I have a grave yard to install on the HO layout and a little ballasting to do on the garden railroad. That is if we don't have more rain.

Bob

OhioRailroader

May 14, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
www.ironroadhobbies.com
Not much going on for me this weekend. I have done all I can with the materials I have left over this week. I did get track laid and almost wired up. Maybe I'll get some Scotch-locs and finish that up. Then I can run my loco back and forth through my 49 1/2" of track lol.

I got shelves to put up for my shipping and storage center for my businesses. . . yee haw lol. The plus side is, I get to go rummage through the surplus store for a few hours looking for parts. Gotta love Mendelsons.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I don't know what I will be modeling. Weekends right now are too crazy. Tomorrow we have a T-ball game for my son and my daughter has tournament tryouts for softball and a birthday party. I have no idea what she who must be obeyed has up her sleeve for me. Sunday is my son gets his first Bible at Sunday School and then we have another t-ball game in the afternoon.

If I can squeeze modeling in it will involve painting some undercarriages for a few caboose kits and an Accurail steel boxcar. I will also be painting the trucks and wheels. Things are on a stand still with the passenger station diorama until I can get to the LHS next weekend.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
NYC-BKO said:
I would love to post pics but right now I don't have the means to do so, hopefully soon.

You can upload a photo in here from your hard-drive via the "Manage Attachments" at the bottom of the reply to post section. If you use "Quick reply" you won't see it.

Shamus