Its FRIDAY 7-1-05, Weekend Modeling Plans!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
This weekend we have a very busy one. First off we have to finish our last minute packing for vacation. On Saturday the kids will participate in the Highland Park Fire Company Fourth of July Parade. They have already decorated their bicycles. Saturday we plan on attending the fireworks at Upper Darby High School.

We will be leaving for vacation in morning on July 4 taking the Silver Star out of 30th Street Station, Philadelphia for Orlando. We will be spending the next two weeks and a couple of days in Orlando and Clearwater Beach. We plan on spending some time at Discovery Cove at Sea World, a day or two at Magic Kingdom, an airboat ride into the Everglades, a swim with the manatees, riding rides and feeding the giraffes at Busch Gardens, and bumming on the beach. We will return home on the Silver Meteor arriving back on July 19.

If I have time I plan on continuing to work on the Grain Elevator and the Farm House Dioramas. I need to weather the grain elevator buildings and think about what I am going to do with farm house model. Plus there is ground painting and ground cover to do on both.

Since I may not be online come Monday and for the next few weekends anyone who wants to continue the weekend modeling posts feel free to do so.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Well let's see:
Same as last weekend, lots of projects on the list, so I will just see Monday/Tuesday what I get done.

Have to work Sunday night so my holiday is split.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!!!-
thumbsup.gif

Have great vacation - Tom-
wave.gif

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
I dont plan on doing any train things this week end,(I have my orders) (and the boss has spoken) its our 24th wedding anerversary, and we are having a BBQ at a friends place, to sellibrate. as it is also there anerversary next week....

I wish you all a great holliday week end...have a good one..steve

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Tom, have a great vacation:wave::wave:

Steve, happy anniversary, you deserve to have a nice time this week.:wave::wave:

As far as things to do. It's way to hot and too smokey to do anything outside, so this is a great time to get back to my layout. I've got to make a drawer for the wiring on my addition (no way am I going to crawl undernieth, and I can start on laying track now that the roadbed is all in place

C

Catt

Steve,24years?Why you old newlywed you. :D

Modeling plans?Geez where should I start.Oh ok,here we go.

! disasemble the two latest locos the GVR has aqquired for paint and mods (they are SD40-2s ,one early one late) The first one only needs to be stripped and repainted,the other is a snootnose and needs that thing shortened to 88 ".

2 Possibly disasemble another C30-7 for repainting.

3 More work on the ex-NTRAK modules Saturday evening.

4 Possibly get started on the 3" wide addition to the back side of thge small layout.

Oh yeah,and enjoy the whole durn 4 day OT free weekend :D :D :D :D :D

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Here in Canada we're having our long weekend with the Friday off (Canada day) So today My wife and I will be spending the day at the beach where there's lots of entertainment venues and things to see. Tonight will be the fireworks which I hope to get a good area to view them. Saturday and sunday If the weather is good I'll be painting four athearn Passenger cars in Canadian Pacific Tuscan. If it isn't I'll be scratch-building a tunnel portal for my layout as well as putting the finishing touches on my doodlebug's drivetrain.

have a good trip Tom. While I haven't been to Disney World I've been to Disney land 7 times (last time was three years ago for my honeymoon) and Euro-disney once. My wife and I are disney fanatics!

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Crap crap crap, it cant be friday yet, i'm not ready for it.
Like everyone else, 4th wekend means
1-catch up on the lawnmowing if it stops raining for more than 20 minutes.BarBQ for the family even if it means wearing a raincoat.Take the boat out to the lake for a bit of liesure time and maybe possibly if I can find a moment in there....clean the train room.It looks like it got hit by a huriccane an earthquake and a tornado right before somebody nuked it for good measure.

I am hoping to get all my SOUND hooked back up (background and QSI off board sound system) as well as practice with my new lenz XPA phone adapter. It is a very simple device that uses a 900 MEG.HRTZ cordless as a wireless throttle and to my surprise it is a very nice idea and very easy to use and does more than a Digitrax Radio Empire builder. Then I will try to clean up the train room. I bought an AB ATSF F7 freight set and am putting new DCC ready chassis under them as well. We will be dog sitting for my kids and tending to the terrors pictured below that we just got. Some of you may remember we lost our other Pug about a year ago and really miss her. These girls are fun but high maintanance right now.
Well hope you all have a GREAT 4th and be safe!!!
ac1.jpg

Mike

seanm

Oct 11, 2004
Sunny CA
www.pegnsean.net
Gonna work out the kinks in my switch control design. I have abandoned the physical contacts to indicate turnout position as it is unreliable with the small forces involved and am working with 12v latching relays.... This way I can mount all the "control" hardware on the switch sub assembly before mounting it in the control panel. I will have some pictures of this soon.