Its FRIDAY 5-26-06, Weekend Modeling Plans!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Yes, I know it is last. But it has been a tough day and I did not get a chance to post this last night before I signed off. I have been running since I got home from work. I had to pay our township garbage and sewer fee, then off to the hardware store to pick out paint and a new weed whacker. I came home and spent the rest of daylight trying out the weed whacker and other yard work.

This weekend is the Memorial Day Holiday weekend. Looks like I am painting the kitchen walls. One day we may take a trip down to the shore at Wildwood, NJ or maybe head out to Lancaster County. No Little League, practices, or anything kid related so we are kind of lost with so much free time.

The first thing I need to do for modeling is to decide on what to do next. On the layout I can begin carving the stream wall and/or making a wingwall for a bridge. I could also begin weathering the rails and ties. On the workbench I could make nine coal loads for nine Atlas two-bay hoppers, work on the F&C hopper bottom coal car, add grab irons to some coil cars, assemble some kits. The list just goes on and on. I could also just keep testing the four new Atlas RS-11 locos that arrived yesterday.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Tom, we appreciate the Friday night thread no matter when it gets started. :thumb:
Thanks for keeping this new tradition going.

As for me, I hope to take more layout pictures (I want to see how my recent efforts at weathering might look as pics) and to paint another F7 in basic black. :)

Ralph

shaygetz

Four Athearn Impack car kits + ten 40-45 foot trailers = two five car articulated loads of fun...oh, and I will be taking the little ones to the water park:thumb:

C

Catt

For N scale? Mostly working on the 2TRAK layout,and my comutercar (SP) project.For HO mostly working on my TYCO hoppers.I need to figure out a way to body mount #5s on my TYCO PS2s.It looks like it will be a challenge. :D

By the way Tom,being the busy sort myself I can understand the late start on this thread,I'm just glad it's started .

all depends on the weather, if its staying cool and rain will get some work done on the layout, brought in couple pieces of styrofoam so i can raise a small area to put a bridge in. Have to empty an old aquarium that wife is not using then can do the benchwork up to expand down a 12 foot wall, will see how time goes, enjoy everyone..Ron..

steamhead

Hi,

I'll try to lock myself in the train room and get some scenicking work done...It's fallen behind rather badly, so this'll be good to make some progress. Well, off to do the trains' bidding...

Gus (LC&P).

MilesWestern

" For HO mostly working on my TYCO hoppers.I need to figure out a way to body mount #5s on my TYCO PS2s.It looks like it will be a challenge. :D "

I just used #28's and snapped them in the talgo truck mounts, they work well, and if you have metal wheels, they shouldn't have any binding de-railments in reverse! :thumb:

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
We had the big 4 year birthday party for my son at McCormick Railroad Park today. As far as the trains are concerned, I bought a bunch of new Kato Amtrak stuff Friday and need to convert an older Life Like Amtrak engine into a dummy unit for the new train. Easy enough except changing the couplers over is turning out to be a pain in the neck. Also, it seems there is a little bit of work to do on the new cars as well... installling some hand rails here and there as well as the air hoses on all the couplers.

zedob

design, design, design...

I really can't do anything else until I have a trackplan nailed down to paper, so I've been playing alot with my 3rd Planit program. Once you get past the learning curve the drawing becomes easier.

It's a great program for layout design. It's a little pricey ($100), but well worth it. I can honestly say that I've recouped the cost due to the mistakes I would have made if I had just jumped in and built a layout, and I've built layouts before. I wish the sound was more varied for the loco running in 3D, but I can live with it.