Its FRIDAY 5-05-06, Weekend Modeling Plans!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
This could be the weekend that does me in. It starts with me chaperoning my daughter’s class trip to the old Fairmount Water Works in Philadelphia along the Schuylkill River. The Romanesque style buildings from the 1800’s have recently been restored. Then tonight my son has a baseball game followed by my daughter’s game. On Saturday we again have a son-daughter double header. On Sunday morning my son has a game and we are supposed to have team photos. Just to make it more fun on Monday my daughter has a game and my son has a Cub Scout den meeting. On top of this we have the bi-weekly shopping to get done.

Modeling? I will be lucky in I can get downstairs and look at the workbench and layout. Maybe I can glue some more foam down to help shape the area of the stream. Weather some rails and ties? Maybe add some weights to some gondolas?

C

Catt

My current plans are to actually get some work done on the 2TRAK modules (buying track today right after work).

I'm also planning to scratchbuild at least two 53' trailers this weekend.I'd like to do three but will be happy if I can get one done.:D

I'm starting the weekend off right by taking the the better half out to dinner.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
For the first time in a long time I actually have some model railroad plans for this weekend. I retired from work last Friday, and this weekend is the Fullerton Railroad Days, a sort of mini street festival in the parking lot of the Fullerton AmTrak station celebrating trains. Our modular railroad club will be set up with about 3 or 4 other clubs in a big tent in the parking lot.

Scoobie

Feb 21, 2006
Circle Pines, Minnesota
Weekend

This is busy one for me also. Wife is Floral Designer and has to work all weekend for Mothers day. That leaves me running my 14 yrs old son to Hockey games Fri, Sat, and Sun. Then Sat my 7yrs old son has Hockey and soccer. I have to play some golf with Dad ( if I can ). I going to stop there, I'm getting depressed:cry: Maybe work on the layout Sat night, still have to finish the Drive-In.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I'll be at my In-laws garage sale on Saturday, helping out. Maybe I'll drag one of my unfinished DPM building kits out with me and paint the windows and doors while I'm there, if nothing else it's a good time killer. On Sunday i don't really have anything planned so I'll be finishing off tyhe last of my Club's engines and my own. I also have to organize and box up the surplus model railroad magazines that I've aquired, and will probably be selling off since they'll take up tom much room.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Just got back from the local opera company's presentation of Hansel and Gretel.
Tomorrow my wife goes to a shower, but I may get to a hobby shop in London (is that a RHS?)
Sunday we probably head to our place up north.