Its FRIDAY 3-31-06, Weekend Modeling Plans!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We have a crazy weekend on tap. It starts tonight with my daughter’s first softball practice. Tomorrow is dedicated to my daughter’s concert. She is playing flute in the school district Gala of the Stars Concert. We found out this week that she the only fourth grader selected to the band which is almost exclusively fifth graders from the district’s 7 elementary schools. Since my birthday is on Monday I have the feeling Sunday I maybe taken out for birthday shopping. My wife will not buy any clothing for me without me there to try them on. On Sunday there is chance that we may go to the East Coast Large Scale Train Show in York.

I am not sure what kind in any modeling will get done. I would like to seal the ARHS hoppers and begin weathering the wheels and trucks for them and the Chessie 3-pack. I would also like to work on the stream extension on the layout.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Good morning, all!
I’m not sure what’s going to be happening with the kids this weekend…they’re out for spring break next week, so I’m sure I’ll have a few strays in & out of the house!

AS far as modeling goes…I’m hoping to get some work done on an Hon30 steamer I’m working on…things have been pretty slow & frustrating on this project so far…
What I’ve been trying to do is turn an Atlas N scale 0-8-0 “yard goat” into an Hon30 0-8-0T…I’m starting with just the chassis, & scratch-building everything from there up…WHEW!

I’ll post some pix, if I ever get into some kind of presentable state!

RevnJeff

Feb 20, 2006
Northwoods of Wisconsin
www.pegnsean.net
This weekend, I hope to get more work done on the lumber yard buildings. I am using Walther's Clayton County buildings. I also hope to work on a small photo diorama. This will be something I can haul outside and use for photography of rolling stock and locomotives.

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
This weekend looks like rain, which means I won't really be able to do much in the garage...BUT...I officially give myself permission to Build Stuff in the house--because today I officially finished my book! It's off to the printer's after much research, much squinting at pictures of streetcars and little sleep.

Now, on Sunday I'm gonna go work at the Railroad Museum.

But Saturday...well, I'm gonna build SOMETHING.

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
I have a problem with the Gauge:cry: :cry: :cry:
When I log on the Gauge I immediatly go to new posts.
Every once in a while I'll be checking out some threads and all of a sudden Almost all of them have dissapeared and I am lost as I haven't finished checking all the threads.
Why is this??:curse: :curse: :curse:

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
It's supposed to rain here this weekend as well so I'll be working on my mine building, adding details to the structure. I also have three club engines to work on. two athearn diesels and on husdon steamer that I've been drafted to re-paint. First I'll be adding the details to them and since I paint outside, the rain might stop me from going too far on them.
If all else fails I always have my narrow gauge enginehouse to work on.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Clerk said:
I have a problem with the Gauge:cry: :cry: :cry:
When I log on the Gauge I immediatly go to new posts.
Every once in a while I'll be checking out some threads and all of a sudden Almost all of them have dissapeared and I am lost as I haven't finished checking all the threads.
Why is this??:curse: :curse: :curse:
Well, there is a timeout for new posts. Also, the new software only works when yoy log on from the computer you originally signed up on. I have the exact same trouble when I come in from work :( :( :(

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I'll be pinning my basule bridge together. I'll also be wrapping up project many years in the making, a twin motor transplant in one of my Athearn DD40s, replacing the older amp munchers with the newer skew-wound ones. I'll be putting decoders on all four motors of my two unit setup, adding about 8 ounces to each unit as well as a permanent drawbar. With 16 powered axles, these two (heretofore refered to as "Snoopy and Woodstock") puppies should make quite a sight pulling as many cars as we can lash up to them at shows.:thumb:

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
"Antiques" and crafts show Saturday morning, my father for dinner that night and the Model RR flea market on Sunday. Maybe a touch of some modelling? Today was a bit of grounds and garage cleanup.

Next weekend looks like Harper's Ferry, WV. I think there's a show near Frederick MD. Anything else I should know about?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
N Gauger said:
Tom!!! :) :) Ask her to take you to Rockvale Square (Half way between here & York) :D :D :D

Lots of discount cloths (about 45 min from york) in Lancaster! :D

I know Rockvale all too well.:D :D

There are men's clothing stores there?:confused: I thought it was just Lenox, Pftalzcraft, Corning, Kay Bee Toys, Dress Barn, Christmas Tree Village....

C

Catt

Once again nothing specific planned modeling wise.I'm feeling much better but not great yet.I guess I'm just not in the mood for it.

jlg759

Jun 3, 2003
stateline pa
mywebpages.comcast.net
This weekend I will be going to the Great Scale Train Show In Timonium Md. Finshed benchwork yesturday for the new layout. It is in a 12 x 20 Area. This new layout will be a point to point switching layout. I perfer to switch rather then just run trains. This layout should be a fun new adventure for me after a 2 year modeling break.

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
Jan 21, 2005
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm actually going to try and bang off a couple of the Proto kits I picked up off of e-bay. Just have to pick up a couple of small items from the LHS and I'm set to make my eyes squint at all those little bits.

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
I am taking my step-son to the dentist this morning, then stopping at the lhs on the way home. I hope to get a decoder for my Athearn s-12(finally) then either pickup a building or some box cars and reefers. The wife said I could have $50 dollars, but I usally go over, which means I will be in trouble again. Oh well.

Loren

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I hope to complete the assembly of my central Valley stock car kit and get it ready for painting. I also want to clean up my workshop as it's getting a little hard to walk to the workbench to do any model work. maybe I should make a list of projects that I should complete before stating any new ones.......